FA Meeting - Food Anonymous Meeting

As we discussed in the meeting, some of us have food addictions. So we are starting a FA meeting online. I want you to start, just like they do in the meetings and say, hi my name is ___ and I am addicted to _____. (Name the types of food that you fill you could not do without until now) We are going to go through the steps together. First step, admit to yourself and the group that you recognize your addiction.Then I want you to log on every day and tell everyone, how your day went without that food item or group. So we are going to take a pledge to give up our food demons cold turkey so that we can overcome them. We are not going to taste it, smell it, buy it, lick it, hold it, nothing! We are going to take those addictions out of our homes so that we can do this together. Remember your body will crave them and you will have to ignore those bad habits until pretty soon you won't miss them.

Replies

• My name is Pamela and I am addicted to sugar!
  • Hi my name is Shay and I am addicted to sugar (candy, cakes, cookies, ice cream and donuts). My goal is to quick cold turkey! Today is my first day without sugar and I am doing pretty good so far. Wish me luck...
  • Shay I am happy for you, you can do it, I am proof. Every step get you closet to your goal, I am clean for almost five years. Get rid of that white powder, it was my drug of choice. :)
  • Hi my name is Mayzita and I'm addiction is sweets ( cookies, cakes, ice cream) I have went long periods of without sweets but I've always went back
  • fsaintilis
    fsaintilis Posts: 14 Member
    My name is Fernande and I am addicted to sweets & salty snacks. I have made some modifications and I don't carve candy and chips like I use to in the past.
  • Thanks for your support Pamela!!! With God's help and the help support from you all, I just have to get rid of my addiction!
  • Fernande that's great! Keep up the good work! That's proof that it can be done!
  • Hello May, We are in it to win it, doing great, happy for you keep going:heart:
  • How are you doing?
  • Hi everyone, my name is Brenda, I like food period... I like to eat, I need a good cleaning. I need to learn how to eat. I like healthy foods, I also like chocolate, I don't do white, I do whole wheat or whole grain. I do try to use sugar in the raw with my coffee. I feel I need a complete overhaul... and more accountability. So yes, I can use HELP!!! :bigsmile:
  • fsaintilis
    fsaintilis Posts: 14 Member
    Sooooo. I walked away from purchasing 100 chips today. YIPPEE