A little depressed

Options
Hi guys! Sorry, I just need to vent and collect my thoughts. I am feeling very depressed right now, and a little like a failure. Since leaving SC and moving to GA(about 4months), my weight has ballooned from 189lbs to 213lbs. The weight didnt come on gradually, it took 2 years for me to get down to 189 from 210, but it came back in 2 months.
I've started back on keeping a journal and counting my steps. I do Zumba 3 days a week and see a personal trainer once a week. I saw my Doc and he only did a basic thyroid test. So far I have not lost a pound and its been 3 weeks. I feel stressed, irritated, frustrated, and just lost. I know I can do this, I just wish I were seeing results! Any advice?

Replies

• berkman12
    berkman12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve process down about 5 weeks ago. Before that, I had gained 30 lbs within a period of 2 1/2 months. Feeling the same way that you do. I still get a little depressed here and there, but I have a little more self confidence. I know hormones can have a lot to do with it also, and the season changing too with less sunlight.
  • amitanorton
    Options
    I just wish I wasn't having the yo-yo weight. I was sleeved in 2009, I weighed 265lbs the week before surgery.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved July 2011 and with 226 to lose am only a little over 1/2 way to goal. However, my family and friends who have had bariatric surgery through the years and regained have told me if that happens to start at the beginning. Go back to what you were doing just after your surgery, the eating, the exercise. You will see the weight start to come back down. It might be as fast as when you were just out of surgery, but it will come down. It's normal to be depressed and stressed when we start to go backward, but you got control of it once and you can do it again. You do know how. I realize we don't know each other, but for what it's worth, I have faith in you. You can do this!
  • amitanorton
    Options
    I think I will go back to my pre/ post op diet. It seems to be the common echo on all the boards, hopefully it will do the trick!