Introductions

Options
tinalatina
tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
Hello All! Welcome to the CLX Group! We are all here for the same reason....whether we are here to lose a few pounds, alot of pounds, get healthy, or get fit; we all want to get to a goal where we can feel better about ourselves and Step One is already complete!

You are taking the first step to getting to that goal by joining this group!

We are here to support each other and help each other through this journey.

Please leave a short introduction of yourself: Where your from, favorite hobbies, favorites exercises....whatever, just let us know a little about you! Have fun and thanks again for joining the group! :happy:

Replies

• tinalatina
    Options
    Aloha & Hola! I am orignally from Honolulu Hawaii but now living in the great state of Texas! I am 30 years old (Soon to be 31...yikes!!!) I am a Mommy to one 9 year old girl and our lives are pretty hectic! I feel like im always running around doing something and finding time for me is a miracle. Haha Lately I have been making fitness a priority in my routine. I am religous about going to my Body Jam classes on Tuesday & Thursday and now Ive started CLX. This is my second month on it and so far I am loving it! I am still on the Burn Circuits but feel like I am mastering the moves now, and I can actually do pushups! (Crazey I Know!)

Before I did CLX I was a big fan of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVDS. I did them all: 30 Day Shred, 6 week 6 pack and Ripped in 30, and I have nothing but great things to say about them. But after a certain point I felt like I needed more strength training. CLX took some time getting used to because it was slower paced and focused on lifting slowly but I like that! I dont feel rushed and yet I still feel like I am making a difference in my body.

Anyways Im glad to be here and excited to meet you all!

Lets get EXTREME!!!
  • ohh_myy_quad
    ohh_myy_quad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! I am currently in my third week of Insanity which is INTENSE and it's a program I really enjoy. I recently had baby #3 and have had ChaLean X since early pregnancy. Because it's slow, it didn't captivate me initially. However, I have come to realize that I just "wasn't ready" (mentally) to begin making the necessary changes to improve my overall health and physical appearance. I am SO READY now and will be doing a hybrid of ChaLean Extreme and Insanity. I was looking into another weightlifting program, Venus Index, which I'd love to try eventually...but why not start off with something I already have on-hand?? I like Chalene's energy and personality, so I'm sure once I learn how to lift this will be a great program to commit to.
  • babygurl6982
    Options
    Hi there I was just wondering what is CLX
  • tinalatina
    Options
    Wow girl! That is so awesome! I totally get what you mean about not being ready Mentally. I was given the CLX program as a gift from a very good friend and when I first tried it I wasnt ready either. I mustve waiting over 6 months before really getting into it but im so glad I am doing it now!

You are a super mom! Insanity & CLX! Go mama!

I really would like to try the Insanity program one day.

Well, it is great meeting you and glad you are here!!!
    Hi, there! I am currently in my third week of Insanity which is INTENSE and it's a program I really enjoy. I recently had baby #3 and have had ChaLean X since early pregnancy. Because it's slow, it didn't captivate me initially. However, I have come to realize that I just "wasn't ready" (mentally) to begin making the necessary changes to improve my overall health and physical appearance. I am SO READY now and will be doing a hybrid of ChaLean Extreme and Insanity. I was looking into another weightlifting program, Venus Index, which I'd love to try eventually...but why not start off with something I already have on-hand?? I like Chalene's energy and personality, so I'm sure once I learn how to lift this will be a great program to commit to.
  • ohh_myy_quad
    Options
    I am so glad to have connected with you!! I love the challenge of Insanity, but I also have learned that strength training can do WONDERS for toning and building beautiful, lean muscle. GO US!!!! :)
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am 33 years old, staretd CLX back in September. I am now in the Push phase, ready to move onto the lean phase in a few weeks. I really like the program and I'm definitely seeing changes in my arms already!
  • tsboulanger
    tsboulanger Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 42 years old, single mom from Indiana, I have two adult/college kids! I also just started CLX last week so still in the Burn Phase and loving it! I have a vacation in 80+ days so wanted a program to get me toned up before my trip... I will finish about a week before leaving! :) Hope to see great results and love getting Extreme!! I need to get out and buy more weights for Push. What weights are you using? Nice to meet you guys... hope to share our journey!
  • ohh_myy_quad
    Options
    Hi I am 42 years old, single mom from Indiana, I have two adult/college kids! I also just started CLX last week so still in the Burn Phase and loving it! I have a vacation in 80+ days so wanted a program to get me toned up before my trip... I will finish about a week before leaving! :) Hope to see great results and love getting Extreme!! I need to get out and buy more weights for Push. What weights are you using? Nice to meet you guys... hope to share our journey!

Hi! Nice to have you here :) That's a question I was going to ask as well about the weights....I have learned that heavier creates leaner, more beautiful muscle and I am very much willing to go heavy on the weights!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a 43 year-old mother (an eight-year old daughter), wife, and educator. I started using MFP in January 2012 and I've enjoyed the support, motivation, and encouragement from other members on this site. I started Chalene Xtreme a LONG time ago, but stopped (I really don't recall why I stopped), but finding this group makes me want to start back. I'm going to start Monday and do my very best to complete the program. Thanks for the group, I know I'm going to need the support and encouragement to complete the program.

I LOVE all of Jillian Micheals' workouts! So far, I've completed 30-Day Shred and Ripped in 30 (twice). I'm currently on the last week of 6 Week 6-Pack. My regular workout routines include Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout, No More Trouble Zone and Jillian MIchael's Kickboxing DVD. I plan to continue to incorporate these workouts in with Chalene Xtreme.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm a 47 year old mom (22 year old), wife, and career woman. Grew up in Missouri not far from Kansas City and lived in the KC area my entire life until 1 1/2 years ago, now I live in the Tulsa area. Moved here for my career/company, which I'm celebrating 25 years with today. I'm in the Push phase, just started week 3 of Push yesterday and I'm loving ChaLean! I'm definitely seeing toning in my legs and arms and feeling it in my clothes, yeah! Hoping to really get to burning my remaining belly and love handles fat that's still around.
    I'm not hitting 50 frumpy and out of shape I'm going in healthy, active, and loving it!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ladies! I am starting this Monday! I have 4 kids and work full time so life is CRAZY!!! Good luck to you all!

Tracy
  • tinalatina
    Options
    Hello! Great to meet you and glad you are here!! A vacation is always great motivation for getting in shape I am also trying to get fit for my vacation during the week of Thanksgiving so I have exactly 1 month! Yikes!!!

I am using weight between 3, 5, 8 , & 20 need to get 10 & 15's
  • tinalatina
    Options
    How Fantastic! I am sure that by now you have seen great results! I am only on the burn phase for my second month in a row but...I am loving the results. Ive never felt more toned in my life. After having a child 9 years ago and loose skin on my belly I can finally say my tummy is flat. Screw the stretch marks I dont care about them anymore! :)
    Hello everyone!
    I'm a 47 year old mom (22 year old), wife, and career woman. Grew up in Missouri not far from Kansas City and lived in the KC area my entire life until 1 1/2 years ago, now I live in the Tulsa area. Moved here for my career/company, which I'm celebrating 25 years with today. I'm in the Push phase, just started week 3 of Push yesterday and I'm loving ChaLean! I'm definitely seeing toning in my legs and arms and feeling it in my clothes, yeah! Hoping to really get to burning my remaining belly and love handles fat that's still around.
    I'm not hitting 50 frumpy and out of shape I'm going in healthy, active, and loving it!