Changing Macro Ratios/Amounts

Options
This might be a super silly question, but I'm new to MFP.

Obviously, the default recommended macronutrient ratios are not paleo-friendly. How do I change them so it doesn't tell me I'm a bagillion grams over on my fat and the red numbers don't yell "eat more bread!"

Replies

• nikkisa10
    nikkisa10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    From your home page click on goals and at the bottom you'll see change goals & you can make chages there :smile:
  • ricestephanie11
    ricestephanie11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Got it - thank you!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Nice nomnompaleo t-shirt!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Nice nomnompaleo t-shirt!
    ^^ this ^^
  • ricestephanie11
    ricestephanie11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks! I get so many compliments on the deadlift girl shirt. Everyone says "It's so YOU!"
  • Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Love it as well!! ;o)
  • JocelynMartin10
    Options
    I eat 25% carbs (less than 100g a day-include fruits/veggies), 38% protein, 38% fat. that's 101% haha! But you understand the general ratio. This will lead to optimal weight loss and health. Also, overfeed your body a little on the days you workout hard and underfeed your body on rest days.

Good luck!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question. The first time that I signed onto MFP, I took one look at the macro settings and said "no way". Then I came back a few months later and took some time to explore. Since I changed my macro goals, I've been happy, happy, happy (except for the nasty anti-paleo/primal people (who admittedly never tried it) who try to discredit all of my OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES. but that's what I get for amusing myself with the forums!)