I'm an addict...

Options
jadesign19
jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
Yes I am...to bad non nutritious carbs. I had a breadstick, of course that came with a pizza for my kids birthday party, and thought I could stop at one. Nope. My internal dialog kept saying...it's ok you really worked out hard today plus you've been watching your carbs since April.

I now feel like an addict. I'm just craving the left overs. This is why I never eat just one. I go into a downward spiral.....it got to the point that now I feel sick.

Does anyone else realize that they are better off not even having one piece of "white" bread?

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I think the longer that you are low carb the more the body will down-regulate the enzymes necessary to digest gluten and whatnot, so any 'relapse' is going to be worse than if you hadn't given them a miss.

Whether this is a good thing or not depends, I guess you lose out on dietary flexibility but gain because we all know that the processed stuff really isn't good nutrition.

I am coming around to the idea of a 'carb up' (and low fat ;)) day for this reason, to keep the body guessing and flexible nutritionally.

I can't honestly see myself never having bread/pizza/pasta ever again but I'd rather grains weren't the base of my nutrition given what I know about them.

I went through a manic Doritos thing not so long back, I hear you about addiction, that stuff is evil :)
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Here is a great way to get some bread and noodle satisfaction! No need to cheat when you have another option! Happy eating!

http://www.julianbakery.com/bread/
  • FitLifeDiva
    FitLifeDiva Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!!! I was feeling "foggy" today and I attributed it to lack of carbs. It was down hill from there. I never realized how hooked I was on process stuff until I tried to stop eating it.
  • StarLeopard
    StarLeopard Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yup. Not worth it in the end. Don't beat yourself up though. Just do what you need to do and learn from it. I'm currently away from home and my routine. It's been a challenge to say the least. Thank god the frozen yogurt machine finally broke. (Low fat but no low sugar--go figure.)
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yep. Ordered this yummy omelette at ihop. Didnt know it came with pancakes. I ate them. Sugar free syrup even. Gained 4 pounds(no kidding, 4 pounds.....3 pancakes) and I cant stay under my calories since. I'm eating low carb stuff for my cravings...but low carb stuff wont get/keep weight off if you eat a ton of it. Sorry. It's not worth it. I should have known. They were freakin' good tho...
  • SandyMilton
    Options
    Here is a great way to get some bread and noodle satisfaction! No need to cheat when you have another option! Happy eating!

http://www.julianbakery.com/bread/

Nice - One of our local stores shows up on their locator. Guess where I'm going today :D I've been missing that little piece of toast with my eggs and sausage in the mornings :)