shakeology?

Options
Hey there! I just started Insanity last week and have been going on these boards to keep inspired! I have seen several of you mention shakeology and I'm just curious as to whether they're truly beneficial? I just wonder if it's not necessary when you're starting out, or perhaps the opposite? Anything you can tell me about them would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just started Insanity last week and have been going on these boards to keep inspired! I have seen several of you mention shakeology and I'm just curious as to whether they're truly beneficial? I just wonder if it's not necessary when you're starting out, or perhaps the opposite? Anything you can tell me about them would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Well they are very good and healthy for you BUT..... You can succeed without it.
    I have too much to pay, 2 kids etc...I cannot buy this expensive product....So I eat well,take protein shakes,vitamins,recovery drinks etc.... As long as you give your body everything he needs, you'll be fine.

If you want to try it...There's some samples available to try it. Just check with some beachbody coaches..They can get you some.
  • christylynn622
    christylynn622 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I wanted to know- whether I could do it without them, or find an alternative.
  • anitamiron
    anitamiron Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity and I am on week 4. I did P90x 2 years ago and did not have great results. I was constantly tired, and my body felt wasted often. I now drink shakeology and I do not have the problem with insanity. I have so much energy after I drink it, I feel replenished and ready to work even harder the next day. It does seem pricey, but it is a meal replacement. When you are a coach it is $3 a meal. Its healthier than most meals and cheaper.
  • tampajosh
    Options
    Like anything you have to do something that WORKS FOR YOU. It's different for everybody. Myself I drink Shakeology daily and don't find it expensive, especially when you compare apples with apples, since it's a meal replacement you have to look at cost per meal. Check here for a good breakdown http://www.fitintampa.com/beachbody-shakeology-discount.html. I also like to add protein now that I'm looking to bulk up weight. I add 3 TBS of egg whites that I buy from http://www.sportprotein.com. This way I get a complete meal, with nutrients I need, as well as a protein shake all-in-one
  • Lilone0789
    Options
    I actually got a free sample of shakeology with my insanity order (the chocolate flavor). And I don't drink it everyday, but the day's that I did drink it, I have to admit, it did give me that extra boost I needed to start my workout. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it's too thick. I have tried everything to make it less thick but it just seems to get thicker and thicker lol. And the taste isn't all it's cracked up to be, in my opinion. I don't think I would actually purchase it because it is just to expensive for my liking, but hey if you can afford it then you should give it a try. But yea 100 something dollars for a bag is just a bit to rich for my blood. LOL. But to be honest you should be fine without it...
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I 100% agree with shrinkalork if you can't afford it there are multiple products available. Shakeology is definitely a good product though and if you are interested let me know. I am a beachbody coach and you can find me as SWREZn8.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have some, got a bag for free from someone, it taste nasty to me. But very healthy...