On to the next one

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a perfection in terms of being late. Like I said I can see a 5-10 minute lateness. HOWEVER....

There is a bit of information that I'm leaving out (oh isnt that always the case :laugh: ). At the start of date #1 he said he was late because of traffic, but later on I found out (during date #2) he actually came to date #1 on BART (public transport in bay area if anyone doesn't know) so there was no driving involved, no excuse for not being able to find parking so that was pretty much a lie :laugh:

Hmmm< i hate lying too, but I see that as more of a fib,..........:laugh: I think he was trying to impress you and came up with the lame parking excuse for being late.

I really dont think that a fib and lateness is going to determine if this guy is a disprespectful cheat!!! Know what I mean?? You like him, get to know him a bit more. Relationships tend to fizzle on their own if they're not right - no need to force the issue :flowerforyou:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    @flimflam: i dunno if i can trust a guy to say he's a good shag. if every guy were as good as he thought he was women wouldnt be faking their orgasms :laugh:
    Well but as I told you, I'm always late. So don't expect me to come early - at all. :wink: :laugh:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a perfection in terms of being late. Like I said I can see a 5-10 minute lateness. HOWEVER....

There is a bit of information that I'm leaving out (oh isnt that always the case :laugh: ). At the start of date #1 he said he was late because of traffic, but later on I found out (during date #2) he actually came to date #1 on BART (public transport in bay area if anyone doesn't know) so there was no driving involved, no excuse for not being able to find parking so that was pretty much a lie :laugh:

Hmmm< i hate lying too, but I see that as more of a fib,..........:laugh: I think he was trying to impress you and came up with the lame parking excuse for being late.

I really dont think that a fib and lateness is going to determine if this guy is a disprespectful cheat!!! Know what I mean?? You like him, get to know him a bit more. Relationships tend to fizzle on their own if they're not right - no need to force the issue :flowerforyou:
    I agree - but one tiny lie would have me on the lookout for more to see if it's a pattern. That's why I said it would be a strike - I would still give it another chance though since so few men come along that catch my interest, which it also sounds like the case for the OP.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

that last sentence is so true. thanks for pointing that out. if anything he can definitely be a friend. thanks everyone for your opinions! it's interesting seeing how different people view the same things so differently. This is just one of the reasons I'm always surprised that anyone is ever able to find anyone they get along with romantically :laugh:

and anna with your distinction between a lie and a fib you should be a politician :laugh:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your opinions! it's interesting seeing how different people view the same things so differently. This is just one of the reasons I'm always surprised that anyone is ever able to find anyone they get along with romantically :laugh:

SO TRUE!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    and anna with your distinction between a lie and a fib you should be a politician :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: It's because I never lie, I only tell fibs!! :bigsmile:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I have been late before (though I hate it and avoid it at all costs! Much like cupcake I also try and arrive 15 minutes early), and I have tolerated lateness before. There would be two things that would help me determine if this was something to stress about.

1) Did he have the ability to communicate with me that he was going to be late and didn't bother to? If he knew he was running late and didn't bother to text me at all even though he has a perfectly charged cell phone in his pocket then the lateness isn't the problem, it's his complete lack of consideration for my time. This would be especially true the second time he's late by THREE TIMES what he told me it would be when he clearly had the ability to amend the timeline further.

2) Did the lateness affect our plans? Was he so late that we missed the start of a movie? Did we lose our reservation at the restaurant? If so that's definitely a strike. There are the types of things I have to be early for and someone that doesn't have a thought for that is careless. This is how he behaves when he's trying to impress me? Hmm, no.

As for the lie that's just a disqualifier right there for me. It's far too early in our relationship for me to not be able to trust you.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I am always late and it isn't a mark of disrespect for me. I have been late to some of the things which have been most important to me. Most of my friends now tell me to be there 30 mins before they expect me. Maybe you could try the same :flowerforyou:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    @flimflam: i dunno if i can trust a guy to say he's a good shag. if every guy were as good as he thought he was women wouldnt be faking their orgasms :laugh:
    Well but as I told you, I'm always late. So don't expect me to come early - at all. :wink: :laugh:

:laugh: One man's late is another man's early :wink:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm rarely late. People that know me some times worry when I am late. They think I got in a car accident or something horrible. :laugh: I'm a pretty patient person so it doesn't bug me when others are late. Some of my friends are always late so when we have plans to meet for a movie or lunch, I just tell them 15-30 mins earlier than the actual planned time so they are not late.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    @poncho : you waited an hour for a date?!?! I need to channel Clay Davis from The Wire on that and say "Sheeeeeeeeit"

hahaha... you just Clay Davis'ed me!! That made my day! SHHHHhhhhhhheeeeeeeiitt.

I actually had a date last night and she was 18 minutes late. I could have cared less... I went in and had a beer and shot the shhhheeeeet with the nosey waiter.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I am perpetually late. I try really hard not to be .. but it never works. I always feel horrible, but obviously not horrible enough to change.

BUT .. the lie thing .. yeh .. to lie about something so little as being late .. no thanks.
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @poncho : you waited an hour for a date?!?! I need to channel Clay Davis from The Wire on that and say "Sheeeeeeeeit"

hahaha... you just Clay Davis'ed me!! That made my day! SHHHHhhhhhhheeeeeeeiitt.

I actually had a date last night and she was 18 minutes late. I could have cared less... I went in and had a beer and shot the shhhheeeeet with the nosey waiter.

Coulda been worse. Could have been 18 mins and 33 seconds late!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Wait, tell us about the date now! please? :drinker:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

All there is to report is my wallet is $50 lighter. Wasn't digging her.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Oh boo! :ohwell:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

that sucks!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Aww...well, all I can say is that I'm glad I'm not a guy trying to date you. I'm always late :sad:
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Give it a third try and perhaps plan something away from the city....