How do I begin?

Options
I am gaining at a rapid pace, after losing 17 lbs! Very frustrated because I am starving, and have a little injury to my back after starting spinning class. I am totally open to exercise, but I don't see what the next steps are. Can someone lead me in the right direction? I really want to be healthy, and get back on the right track.
Thanks so much!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Have you read all of the stickies threads and watched all of the videos?
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I second reading all of the stickies and watching the videos. Can you give us more information? Stats would be helpful so that we can make sure you have correct numbers to start living the EM2WL philosophy - age, weight, height, and activity level. What's your current workout regime like? What do you do and for how long and how often do you do it? Do you mind sharing a bit of your history? Are you new to trying to lose weight, have you been a yo-yo dieter for years, coming from VLCD (very low calorie diet). If you don't mind sharing some or all of that information, it would help us to know how to help you.
  • stepadery
    Options
    Absolutely. Very frustrated right now and want to be fit more than anything, and lose fat.

Weight: 168
    Height: 5'6"

I am a little off right now on workouts because I hurt my back during some spinning classes. I am going to start a 3 x per week total body workout this week, and try to minimize the "back" exercises and focus on other things,
    I am not a yo yo weight person. I have basically around at the same weight for years, but I have crept up slowly. My goal is to get down to 145 by eating better, and exercising. I know that I am not feeding my body properly because I am starved to death most of the time. I am a slow weight loser and gainer. Never really been a yo yo dieter. However, I lost around 17 lbs on WW, and I am now starving!!! .
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex- Weight Watcher, so I know the feeling of starving. Even though I have no clue how many calories I was actually eating I'm positive that it wasn't enough.

I ran your numbers per Scooby and here's what I came up with.

BMR - 1450
    TDEE - 2248
    10% CUT - 2023
    15% CUT - 1910

I gave you the 10% cut and the 15% cut numbers because many people find that when they don't have much to lose 10% is better for them. Many people just go right to their cut number. So I would suggest that you choose which level of cut you're going to do and then stick with that pretty consistently for a month before evaluating whether or not it's working and/or tweaking numbers. If you feel like you're going to need a metabolism reset (explained in the stickies) then you'd go up to 2248 and eat that for at least a month - could be as long as 6 or 8 weeks. Then you'd drop to cut from there.

Also, on workout days make sure you always at least net BMR. If you're net comes in under, then eat enough to get your net over BMR.

Good luck!