Dehydrator?

Options
NGMama
NGMama Posts: 384 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group and not totally raw but I like to incorporate as much as I can. Do you all have dehydrators? If so, can anyone recommend a cheap, starter brand?

Thanks!

Replies

• jancovich
    jancovich Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm just looking into raw food too, I picked up a cheap dehydrator for $30aud at a local homemart type shop
  • NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to have the Excalibur but the loose door was a bit bothersome for me. I bought a cheaper one where each tray is its own door, and I like it. I don't dehydrate much unless I make cookies or crackers for others. I tend to eat just high-water content food.
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheapie off kijiji. I lost deydrated pineapple as a snack
  • Hime76
    Hime76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought an Excalibur dehydrator and I've used it four times... and haven't used it since. I don't think it's a good investment and if you are going to get a cheaper one, it'll be a waste of hydro and food. Just buy it from your local organic store since you'll save time and money.
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I bought a Nesco one on Amazon and LOVE it!!
  • jyojodancer
    Options
    I bought a nesco dyhydrator and jerky maker. It works great.... much cheaper than excaliber.... lots of space. I'm making the first layer of this recipe now.... can't wait til tomorrow when it will be done. http://www.rawfoodrecipes.com/recipes/raw-banana-peanut-butter-brownies.html
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    New to dehydrating- can anyone give me some tips or advice & recipes?
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new to the raw vegan lifestyle and am loving it so far!!

Yesterday I got a dehydrator from my mother as an early birthday gift (we found a great deal on one at my husband's work so we picked it up!). I'm super excited! Right now I have spinach in there for spinach chips.. bananas, apple slices, zucchini slices and some veggie flaxseed crackers. I also have a bunch of kale in the fridge waiting for a free tray so I can make kale chips. I have made them in the oven before and fell in love with them! What is everyone's favourite things to put in the dehydrator?