Where Are The Runners

Options
ROCKNMIMI
ROCKNMIMI Posts: 36 Member
I am slowly approaching 40 and I would like to start back running. As a teenager I ran middle distance and did track and field. I am trying to get that old thing back, you know. If I have to start with the "Couch to 5k" so be it. I recently read up on Chi Running and never realized there was an art to running; keeping your shoulders and pelvis lined up, hitting the ground with a certain part of your foot, leaning forward and letting gravity work with you instead of against you. With that being said let the "baby steps" begin.

Replies

• honey1017
    honey1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One day in January of 2012, I woke up thinking that I want to become a runner. With that thought in mind, I jumped on the treadmill and began my journey.

A few days later, I decided that I had to 'look' like a real runner and go to the park and run. As fate would have it, I saw someone I knew and she told me about BGR. I quickly researched it on facebook and connected with some awesome women. BGR has been a source of encouragement convincing me that I can run any distance I desired.

Well the rest is history because thus far I've run a 5k, 5 miler, 10k and two 1/2 marathons and it hasn't been a year yet :wink:

So to answer your question.... Where are the runners?
    I would say 'runners are made and not born' so here I am :flowerforyou:
  • ROCKNMIMI
    ROCKNMIMI Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your "BGR" story with me HONEY1017. Positive stories such as that are the one that "I" need to encourage me. Keep running...