BODYWEIGHT Strength Workouts!!

Options
Jenjaz1910
Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
For the past 3 weeks I've been strength training using my body weight and pathetic 5lb dumbbells and a 28lb barbell! At the mo I don't have the money to go to the gym or buy any new weights!! I've been doing a 5x5 program but can't really see a change in my body since I've started :( can anybody advise?! Cheers Jen x

Replies

• Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bump to reply later, got an awesome leg workout for you!
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I came across this article on Greatist.com - its 50 Body weight exercises you can do anywhere. Not really a workout per say, but you can definitely mix and match to create your own workout!

http://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere-030612/#
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Thanks :) will look at that later and look forward to hearing your ideas too x
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey! have you heard of bodyrock.tv or ZuzkaLight Youtube channel...great (mostly) bodyweight workouts.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Thanks guys! Will have a look in a bit :) x
  • LuLu3038
    LuLu3038 Posts: 4
    Options
    I used to be an athlete and loved working out, and weight liftting, but now a mother of 4 I just can't seem to find the time to get the disciplin Ionce had. Any suggestions???????
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    I used to be an athlete and loved working out, and weight liftting, but now a mother of 4 I just can't seem to find the time to get the disciplin Ionce had. Any suggestions???????

I get up every week day morning at 5am!! It's the only time I can get to do it before kids get up, school run & work! It does give me a great start to the day :) its hard to start but after a week or 2 you get used to it x
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

they have 5 workouts i think - you can even use those dumbbells and barbell

also http://www.bodyrock.tv/ has plenty of workouts
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I have the same question and you got some great responses! :-)
  • Jenjaz1910
    Options
    Cheers guys :) will look properly at them all over the weekend x
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post
  • WVMedicineMom
    WVMedicineMom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a bodyweight program for the last 3 weeks as well. Coupled with interval cardio I can see a small difference in inches about almost 7 lbs lost. I searched around for a while and decided on this program:

http://www.turbulencetraining.com/FreeBodyweightWorkout/4-Week Bodyweight Program.pdf

I varied it today though and worked out during my son's flag football practice using my surroundings... the brick side of a flower bed, a tractor tire, jungle gym, and the good ole grass.
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube and have a look at all the Fitness Blender workouts. They are awesome.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Subbing!
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, check that for fitness apps. I use "6 week training" on my WIndows Phone, it takes your baseline for dips, pushups, a few other things, and then puts together a program and prompts you. I set it for "superset" and just go quick as I can for a basic workout, takes around 20 minutes.

Zuzana Light's Youtube channel is another good one, you watch the 5 minute teaser to learn the exercises, then you just roll your mat out and leave the phone/computer running for the actual workout video, she'll call what to do next and you can always peek if you need to.
  • roguestates
    Options
    great post! I second the NerdFitness recommendation.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've been doing bodyweight strength training, and so far, I see that I'm getting stronger. Plus, I've been seeing a few inches fall off here and there.

I don't have any real suggestions, though. I've been trying to mix things up. I look on YouTube for a lot of videos.
  • theMrsisGonnagetFit
    Options
    Go to youtube and have a look at all the Fitness Blender workouts. They are awesome.

^This!
    & Bodyrock.tv