Onion girl needs support

Options
I want to loose around 140lbs, and find my self esteem, it seem's to be hiding somewhere along with the knowledge of who I am?? (Hence Onion Girl:) peel off another layer and a new girl appears.

I'm in Hertfordshire and really need happy friendly people in my life, I've tried Weight Watchers, Slimming World, joining the Gym etc and to be honest they are all far to serious for me.

It's like finding the right book club, I don't want highbrow and serious discussions, I want laughter, wine and ChickLit with gossip and advise :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I know what you mean....the real me is hiding under a pile of blubber. I need my self esteem to come back so I can be the happy shiny person I really am but this just isn't going to happen when I feel so self conscious and ashamed of what I have done to myself.

Will send you a request....
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options
    I'm fairly new, and happy to offer support to your onion-y self :) send me a request :D
  • Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like both analogies:smile: Although that's not what I look for in a book I know what you mean about the diet. If it's going to be long term it's got to be a nice addition to life not a restriction.
    I felt the same when I started. I am certainly feeling much better and more confident after the weight I have lost. I still have some way to go but I'd be happy to provide support and advice if you wanted to add and/or message me.
  • melg8206
    Options
    Hi there,

You have a really positive way of looking at the journey of weight loss! I feel similar in that I do not want it to rule my life but I do want it to make a difference. Life is so busy, too busy for me to be planning every single bite that I take, but, with support from like minded people, I'm hoping to at least be more aware of my choices, and hopefully make better ones!

Good luck with your journey hon!

Meash :smile:
  • Ian1993
    Ian1993 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi I'm also from herts live in watford .. Feel free to add me )
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    WoW you live very close to me :O :O :O I'll add u :O