Introudcing myself

Options
zee1957
zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
Hello, I decided to start this group cause it's very hard for me to lose weight at my age and because I'm a Latina that loves our culture foods, I love tacos of all kinds , menudo, fajitas, flour tortillas get my meaning?
It's all so hard cause I'll be 55 years old next month and I'm about 30 pounds over and I'm starting to feel I need to do something but it's so hard for someone my age and especially if you like Mexican food like I do . So hopefully I get to meet other Latinos that can help me though this new challenge, wish I will be starting tomorrow. Please join and may the force be with you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I got so excited when I saw this new group, you hadn't posted this message yet. Sorry...I'm kind of impatient. Anyway, I just turned 53 and I too love Mexican food. I've got 60 pounds to lose. I got too comfortable in life and ate like I like to do and damned if I didn't wake up fat one morning...LOL...I also blame the dryer on why my clothes are too tight. Count me in on starting tomorrow. By the way, my name is Sandy and I'll post a picture when I get a decent one. Take care and good luck to all of us!
  • M_JARA83
    Options
    Hello everyone this group seems pretty cool hope to.get some good tips as well as give some starting my cut tomorrow so I gotta get strict on the cooking :)
  • zee1957
    Options
    welcome Mjara today is a new beginning for me as well. have to get stricter with myself too.
  • zee1957
    Options
    Sandy welcome, were almowt neck to neck on age I'm 55 this coming month and I'm like you, love love Mexican food hard for me to give it up since I'm Latina and well i just love my flour tortillas , I need to learn how to eat less is all i keep saying to myself. I just have too do it. I'm starting my morning with a protein shake.:wink:
  • chemalurgy
    chemalurgy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love Mexican food. Made pan enchiladas for dinner last night and some guacamole. I've had to modify the recipes a bit, but you can still eat Mexican and lose. Mmmmm, Chili Rellenos!
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone. Well I myself am a latino too. I'm 23 yrs young and I love mexican food. I've started my serious weight loss journey in july and have already lost a good amount of weight. Although I'm still quiet a ways away from my goal weight I'm proud of myself for losing weight. So since I've been on this journey for a couple months I learned to swap out some stuff for healthier things but am still able to enjoy the mexican food. Remeber all things in modeons. Well if u guyz ever need some ideas or just wanna chat feel free to add me or send me a message.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    We all seem to be on the same page as far as cutting back on the flour tortillas. If I try to go cold turkey (mmm turkey and green chili burrito) Just kidding...Anyway, if I try to go cold turkey, I'll end up binging. I know me. I didn't get this shelf butt of mine by self-control. I'm going to try to limit myself to one flour tortilla a day and substitute corn torts when I can. If anyone has problems with gluten, this will help too. Also instead of thickening my chili or whatever with flour, I'm going to use corn starch. Oh yeah, I've switched to Canola oil instead of Crisco. I got these ideas from Weight Watchers. Baby steps and one day at a time. We can do this!