Eating out

Options
Greg3705
Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
Each Sat night, my wife and i try to enjoy a date night out. I find it hard to always make the right choices, I can't see getting a salad all the time. Any suggestions of local places with lots of healthy options on the menu?

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love Tribeca Tavern. It's primarily burgers - I usually get a bison burger, which is a lot leaner than regular beef, no bun, and asparagus instead of fries on the side. We live in Wake Forest and when in the mood for seafood we go to Shuckers. They are very accomodating. Since I can't have dairy or wheat, I have them grill or broil my fish sans butter and sauteed veggies in olive oil. The hard part there is resisting the hush puppies! I also love Mediterranean food. I'll get a kabob with salad and just have a little hummus with the meat, no bread. There are a lot of options if you know what to order and ask the servers to accomodate.
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    We have been to and love both places. Love that tge burgers at Tribeca are from grass fed beef. I have been dying to try the Bison but was afraid. I may try it soon on your recomendation
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah, it's delicious! It's juicy and not gamey or dry at all.
  • coreygracefit
    Options
    I also live in Wake Forest and love Shuckers!! They are usually good about meeting any requests you have :)