Food plan/Calories

Options
I just weighed after finishing week 2. I have been true to the 1200 calories a day- eating recipes from the meal plan and feel disappointed in having lost only 1.1 pounds this week. Is anyone adding more calories and finding more weight loss success that way? Thanks!

Replies

• ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    1.1 lbs is still a good loss in a week. I would be happy with that. I haven't lost much weight due to being very slack with my diet but in the week I did stay true to the 1200 calories, I lost about 2lbs.
  • tigerg1
    tigerg1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight. I agree 1.1 lost is good. You shouldn't lose more than a pound a week.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    1.1 is fabulous!! Although I know Jillian boosts you should be seeing like 11 lbs each week which I believe is way too much and unrealistic.
    I know I won't be the best to answer this cause technically I haven't lost anything. The first 2 weeks I gained but I really think it was due to my bad eating those weeks and possibly water weight seeing how it was right at 5lbs. My eating has improved this past week but I got thrown back into bad eating this weekend. But as of today I am back to where I started so something worked :) My goal is eating 1500-1600 and eating back calories, but again I'm not the healthiest eater. This is something I am still trying to improve upon. I know that will get me much better results.
    I say keep trying it for the remainder of this month and check results again if its still working go for it, if not eat more.
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I suggest taking your measurements. I have been good on the eating but havent lost a pound. However I have lost 3inches. I am seeing clear changes in my body although that has yet to translate into pounds lost....YET. I know that'll come and just think that I am combating building muscle now which burns more cals in the long run.

Dont get discouraged...you are not alone!
  • sugarterminator
    Options
    Thank you all! I am proud of the effort and dedication I have given to the program he last two weeks and will continue to do so. After researching...quite a bit... I have decided to add some calories- 200-300 a day to see if it will boost weight loss for me this week. I also ordered a heart rate monitor so that I will be able to see how many calories I am burning.

I took my measurements at the beginning and will do so again at the one month mark. I KNOW those have got to show progress as my jeans are already feeling better! :smile:

Thank you again for the support- ALWAYS glad to know I am not alone. :happy: