The brink of gaining it all back or beyond

Options
Stacivogue
Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
So, i finally managed to start up again. I tried, it was like starting up a car in the freezing cold. I'd be good all day and then come home starving and eat what my husband and son were eating (kid food. Because they both eat like 2 year olds). And then i had this wedding coming up in california and i was like...i should get back on so i dont' look totally huge when i go see everyone. And then I realized that I didn't have enough time and was going to be fat anyway so why bother. And then there'd be an event, or the friend that doesn't really approve of medifast asking me to go to some great restaurant, or a miserable day at work, or I'd get sick.....

Anyway, I've done really well being positive all week, and I actually didn't log my first few days on medifast because i didn't want to fail and look up whatever i'd eaten that was bad.

I've realized also that exercise is a really important component of my dieting success. I' m much less likely to eat "bad stuff" (Aka rice balls from the italian deli around the corner) if I realize the effort i put into working those calories off on the bike. it's like my mind doesnt make the connection until i see it on my HRM.

Anyway, support would be awesome. Anyone else successfully come back from the brink or beyond?

Replies

• tgibbons1935
    tgibbons1935 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend because I am on Medifast too. It has been an interesting journey for me but a very successful one and we can do this! It has actually been a great decision for me and I have no regrets at all.
  • gardengirlkp
    gardengirlkp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!!! So many times. I've had a better time of weight maintenance by getting the book called Refuse to Regain- by Barbara Berkeley, MD. I worked her "12 rules to keep the body that you've earned". And it's really helped during weight maintenance. It's the ONLY way I've ever been able to maintain- and I've been trying for 40 years (I'm 46).

I blog about my experience and the Refuse to Regain book over at my blog (non-commercial) . check it out.
    http://gardengirlkp.blogspot.com/

Doing the 90 day opt out (eating unprocessed foods- mostly) and daily weighing really help. Read that book and add me as a friend.Ask any questions you might have.

8.75 months post Medifast transition- 72 pounds lost with +/- 2 pound variance.

Good luck. Karen P.
  • littleredjd
    Options
    Karen, I love your blog! I never knew about it. (I probably wasn't paying attention....sorry....bride brain....)