Hola...let's get to know each other

Options
mamo1014
mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
Hi,

I see I'm the fourth person to join this group. This is a good idea because let me tell, you....you can't do low carb diets if you eat REAL Mexican food. Yes, there are some substitutes and I think that would be good for all of us to learn how to do. Cook but yet exchange some things to make it healthier. I want to break out of my short squatty body stereo-typed image. I want to be a short hot bodied body latina! I hope to meet and get to know you other three members. :smile:

Replies

• zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. This is new for me too. just started the group a few minutes ago, surprise to see it has 4 members already. I know there's a couple more groups for Spanish speaking but my Spanish isn't that good on writing. i can understand it very good :) anyway welcome. Tomorrow will be a new day starting for me on my new challenge and I'm gonna need all the support I can get, we can help each other out. Have a good night . I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    Hi guys! This group popped up for me while I was in another group, and, being Latina, I had to join!

I'm not looking to lose any weight, so I hope it's ok that I'm here! I've been thin all my life, but it wasn't until recently that I've started exercising in an effort to be healthy. I love Mexican food! I wish I could make tamales like my mom makes them, but I haven't quite figured it out. :-) I'm a vegetarian, but that doesn't mean I don't love my Mexican food! ;-)

Anyway, hello! I hope to get to know you guys well. I love being here to support others!
  • LaughingLatina
    LaughingLatina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this site and this is the first group I joined. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I don't speak Spanish at all so I'm super happy to have come across this group. I'm almost half way to my first goal weight and about 20lbs from my ultimate goal. I live in a heavily populated Hispanic community and have pretty much quit eating the food around here because I can't get it to fit into my macros. Really excited about meeting new friends and sharing recipes and health ideas!
  • AmbieSweetz
    AmbieSweetz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hola!! Half Mexican here in AZ where we have the best authentic mexican food around!! It is hard when I get those green chili flat enchilada cravings, but I just work it all into my macros for the day. Also, I only use a local tortilla shop (for toritllas, empanadas, masa, etc.) where I know all the actual calories, so I never have to miss out on my favorite foods! Glad to join the group! =)
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi...here it is Monday and I did ok with my eating. I took my lunch to work ( beans with red chili and pork) and I left out the tortillas! Big deal for me. LOL. I'm going to watch my portion size and hopefully I'll be able to control my urge for that second helping. What's going to be hard is we are coming into tamale season...at my house, we have the traditional turkey dinner, but there is always tamales, red chile, empanadas...the list goes on and on! I need to lose 60 pounds and I need all the help I can get. I think this is going to be a fun site...Thanks for starting it! Oh yeah, I'm Latina but I don't speak it very well. I understand it, but to speak it...not good.
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Mamo you are absolutely right about the the holidays being so hard and yes it's the time to make Tamales and all the Empandas, we just have to try our best to watch our intake, not so much what we eat I guess but how much of it :noway: I had two barbacoa tacos for lunch and I had a protein shake for breakfast so i did alright. May have a bowl of soup for dinner.
  • M_JARA83
    Options
    Hello everyone this looked like a really cool site I love all .kinds of food lol especially mexican!! Looking for good meal ideas while I start my cutting for the next couple months.
  • hazleyes5
    Options
    hi, im all the way latina .. lol ... meaning the foods I eat constantly have to be mexican if we go out to eat its mainly for other different nationality my faves are hawaiin and japanese ... I have cut tortillas ,, eat alot of meat with salsa ,, my downfall is homemade tortillas and papas (fried potatoes) ... I get gready and want the whole pan and tortillas for my self ,, anyway lol.
    moms leaving back to oregon so i wont be able to do that until maybe christmas. I work out almost everyday I allow myself cheat days ... but most of the time don't go over my calories. but I have found the new love to workout and that has consumed my part of my life so far which is my new love ... I love zumba because its only like dancing to me .. not a boring workout. well feel free to add me if anyone wants :smooched: