Season 3 - Episode 2 "Sick" (10/21/12)

Options
2»

Replies

• AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice Merle in the preview for next week!? He was also in the clip from next week on the Talking Dead episode. I'm so stoked to see him again! Things are going to go crazy.

Man, and I just have to say... I feel horrible for the last two prisoners. Poor guys.

And any thoughts on what was peering at Carol?

I'm guess the person creeping was someone from the Governor's crew...not necessarily Merle but one of the Governor's cronies. Carol bugged me a lot last season but I'm glad that she is taking the initiative to at least TRY and be useful.

Same with Carl, he is actually becoming useful now. Although I did think it was funny that he again disappeared without Lori even realizing it. At least this time he disappeared and did something useful.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    They're all infected. If they die, they will come back as zombies. BUT, from my understanding... a bite or scratch is fatal, like the rabies virus, or maybe more like snake venom. Rick was able to lop off Hershel's leg to prevent the venom/virus from getting into his blood stream, from reaching his brain or heart. When he stopped breathing, it was just from shock/blood loss/trauma and not from zombie fever.

But Big Tiny's scratches weren't on an extremity, so there was no way to amputate.

I knew Tomas needed killing. I didn't think it would happen that fast. And I was surprised Rick didn't let the guy who ran back inside. Rick's getting harder.

And Carl is becoming useful.

but they let zombie blood and guts spray all over themselves.

i know its just a show but i get distracted by plot holes like this.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice Merle in the preview for next week!? He was also in the clip from next week on the Talking Dead episode. I'm so stoked to see him again! Things are going to go crazy.

Man, and I just have to say... I feel horrible for the last two prisoners. Poor guys.

And any thoughts on what was peering at Carol?

I think it's Darryl's brother Merl
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Loved the episode! I also admit that when Herschel grabbed Lori during mouth-to-mouth, I had my arms in the air screaming and cheering like my football team scored a touchdown. I was hoping she was a goner.

I'm liking the new Rick, and I was surprised he killed Tomas.

I wasn't surprised that Rick killed him, but i was loving it! Nice to see he found his balls ;). And I did the same think with Lori, but then it was like they did an instant replay and took back the touch down *hangs head*
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think carl could have been useful all along, but lori was the one standing in his way complaining about boohooo i want him to have a normal childhood.

for instance, shane was trying to teach him to hunt for frogs but she stopped it cus she was pissed at shane. rick and shane wanted to teach him to shoot but lori was all "noooo not my baby". carl found a set a knives that he wanted to learn to use but lori was like "no that's dangerous"

i loved that lori got the "good job ole pal" pat on the shoulder. that was even worse than the "it's not you it's me forehead kiss" . i cheered when hershell grabbed her. i was glad to see hershell made it but i was disappointed lori didnt get her face eaten off
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    A lot of animosity towards Lori - not that it isn't well deserved. Should be interesting to see what happens when she finally pops out the new baby. I think she's finally given up trying to be a mother to Carl - that kid will now do whatever he wants. Rick is now turned into the bad *kitten* of the show - I hope they don't have him lose all his compassion and humanity.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A lot of animosity towards Lori - not that it isn't well deserved. Should be interesting to see what happens when she finally pops out the new baby. I think she's finally given up trying to be a mother to Carl - that kid will now do whatever he wants. Rick is now turned into the bad *kitten* of the show - I hope they don't have him lose all his compassion and humanity.

I watch TWD in a movie theater on Sunday nights. When Herschel grabbed Lori there was basically a collective "OH NO!" from all over. Although she is an unlikable character, I think that's the way she's supposed to be. It's funny how differently people feel about her.

Also Rick never "lost his balls." I'm not exactly sure that that means, but to me that's way off the mark. Rick is reckless and at times, unable to prioritze the safetly of his family over running off to help other people or whatever. Think back over the last two seasons of the things he's done, and ball-less is not what I'd call him.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It's not so much that he was "ball-less" but that he let his heart (compassion) control his thoughts about what was best. Now he acts more primal, which I think is the best way to be in this situation, and to just..SHOOT...(or chop) and ask questions later.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    i think carl could have been useful all along, but lori was the one standing in his way complaining about boohooo i want him to have a normal childhood.

for instance, shane was trying to teach him to hunt for frogs but she stopped it cus she was pissed at shane. rick and shane wanted to teach him to shoot but lori was all "noooo not my baby". carl found a set a knives that he wanted to learn to use but lori was like "no that's dangerous"

This is a good perspective. I never thought of it that way but you're right. Carl has been wanting to be more involved with defending the group but Lori always stopped him. I can't say that if I had an 8-10 year old son that I would want him handling a gun or knives but things change when zombies are trying to eat you.
  • goddessdani
    goddessdani Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This was such a good episode. I love the fact that Rick killed that prisoner he was dangerous and would have killed people in the group. Everyone is finding their niche. Carol is helping treat people. Carl can now take down walkers. Maggie is helping fight. I'm just wondering what beth helps with?
  • raininmyshoes
    Options
    Rick is so much more likable now than he was in the beginning. I was a Shane fan even at his worst, but now Rick is what keeps me watching. I just saw him in the movie 'Love Actually' and fell in love with his adorable young face. He doesn't say much in the movie, but the little bit that you get to hear his British accent is worth it.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Loved the episode, and the machete move, was pretty in your face, the guy didn't even flinch- can't say I didn't see it coming, just was amazed it did so quickly. Was wondering about how stupid it was of Rick to chase after that one guy running in the prison - they hadn't really "cleared" all those areas, so that was pretty dangerous- and the fact that the guy pretty much ran cause they were killing the prisoners, sort of seems a little out of character that Rick didn't "give him a chance."

I believe the prisoner with the moustache is creeping on Carol - he's probably some creepy sex offender. Wondering why all the women don't cut off their hair, seems sort of like a liability to have it long, especially Lori after that car accident, when the Walker had her hair and pulled her down in the car- Carol's at least smart in THAT aspect.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    ok...so we see again where they care if they are bit/scratched...if they are alread infected why do they care? i can understand if the injury leads to blood loss and death but the big guys scratch/bite shouldnt have been a problem right? what am i missing?
    My understanding - even though they are infected, unless they are bitten or die they won't become zombies merely by carrying the infection. So that's why they cut of Hersels leg and killed the prisioner - they still understand that if you are bit or scratched, you will become a zombie.

but whats in the bite that turns them into a zombie? it seems like a giant plot hole.

the infection from a bite carriesthe infection but it causes you to get a high fever and die. They care the infection in their blood but I dont think its on the same level as a bite. Big Tiny was bitten and the infection will go right to his brain where he was bit, he would get a fever die and then become one.

Me and my husband jumped up and got excited when we thought Hershel bit Lori lmao but I am glad he is ok for now. I like Hershel!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    ok...so we see again where they care if they are bit/scratched...if they are alread infected why do they care? i can understand if the injury leads to blood loss and death but the big guys scratch/bite shouldnt have been a problem right? what am i missing?
    remember jim from season 1? he also died from a non lethal zombie bit and t-dog has almost died from a non lethal scratch on the arm. it isnt so much the bite or scratch that kills them but the normal infections that very easily come along with accidental wounds and the fact that no one has antibiotics to treat those infections for the most part.

i would imagine the inside of a zombie mouth to have a zillion times more germs than the broken window t-dog cut himself on. after all, zombies are essentially decaying decaying flesh that's been eating raw meat

that makes sense but if thats the case they could have waited to kill Big Tiny and hoped they'd find antibiotics in the infirmary.

it would be a waste on someone he did not know but also I dont think of it as an infection like cutting yourself Its a zombie virus I do not think it can be healed by meds. The only reason Hershel is ok is because he was bit on the leg and in 2 sec they cut it off and even they did not know if it would work. Big Tiny was bit on the shoulder the bit infection would go straight to his heart and brain within mins.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    **** happens.

badassrick.gif
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Another great episode tonight!

I like the new little bad-*kitten* Carl.
    Was half hoping when Lori gave Hershel mouth to mouth that he had turned and was going to eat Loris face.
    Its nice to see Rick making better decisions, and losing his "we don't kill the living" attitude.
    My favorite kill of the episode was when he whacked Tomas with the machete.
    But who was creeping out Carol while she was playing doctor on the zombie corpse?
    I wouldn't mind seeing her get eaten. She's whiny and weak.

The first episode when Carol asked Daryl to fool around, I wanted to smack her. When she started performing a c-section on a walker, I wanted to smack her hard. If the show is anything like the comic, the wierd little prisoner is watching her (instead of Andrea) and will try to do unspeakable things to her...we can only hope!

I hope she meets her comic fate and lets a zombie eat her because she's so sad and desperate!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

I watch TWD in a movie theater on Sunday nights. When Herschel grabbed Lori there was basically a collective "OH NO!" from all over. Although she is an unlikable character, I think that's the way she's supposed to be. It's funny how differently people feel about her.

Also Rick never "lost his balls." I'm not exactly sure that that means, but to me that's way off the mark. Rick is reckless and at times, unable to prioritze the safetly of his family over running off to help other people or whatever. Think back over the last two seasons of the things he's done, and ball-less is not what I'd call him.

It would be amazing to watch TWD in a movie theater. I wish we had that around here!! Where do you live? :D