20lb before Christmas Challenge!

ScubyUK
ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
2 months to go, and while this may seem a little unfair to the US contingent who have Thanksgiving first ;o), for those of us who still have that much to lose then here's the challenge.

20lbs off by the 21st of December. Who's up for it?

Replies

• Middangeard
    Middangeard Posts: 47 Member
    But then you're being unfair to me by ending it right on my birthday! ;)
  • MarielleVert
    MarielleVert Posts: 18 Member
    I'm down for losing 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. My family is Native American so I didn't grow up celebrating Thanksgiving, but this year if I lose that 20lbs I may have to celebrate!
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    I'm in!
  • ScubyUK
    But then you're being unfair to me by ending it right on my birthday! ;)
    [/quote

Sorry Fella, weigh in on the morning of your birthday then, we'll allow you an extra 0.5lb if you need it! ;o)
  • ScubyUK
    I'm down for losing 20 lbs by Thanksgiving. My family is Native American so I didn't grow up celebrating Thanksgiving, but this year if I lose that 20lbs I may have to celebrate!

20lbs by Thanksgiving might be pushing it, it's on November 22nd. ;o)
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    YES TO THIS! I think we can pull this off guys! :)
  • ScubyUK
    I'l be doing my weigh in tomorrow.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    I'm on this like a fat girl on a barstool.

Only less fat. And... yeah you get it. I wanna do this! Perfect weight and date time, I have a wedding to go to for my brother and I want to be a fabulous bridesmaid for it.
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    I am totally up for it! There is a group called "Let's Lose 20lbs by Christmas!!!" that I am already currently in. Feel free to join :)
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Dude I am so down for this!!

My current weight is 228 - I would LOVE to be 208 for xmas. (actually I would *kill* to be under 200 for Xmas but I'm being realistic!)
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Hey! There's another (non LGBT specific) group out there aiming to lose 20 lbs by Christmas, and I'm on that. So I'm definitely in on this one too :D I fly exactly on 21 Dec to visit my gf for Christmas, so the end date is perfect I guess :D haha ~
  • ScubyUK
    Week 0 - Oct 29th - 283lbs
    Week 1 - Nov 3rd - 277lbs (-6 lbs) - first week back with Soulmatefood. Loving the winter menu. Now I just need my Ankle/Achilles Tendon to finish healing so I can get back exercising.
  • jameseylefebure
    I've lost 12lbs in my first week so I'm feeling a bit more optimistic! :) I know that i'm not going to maintain that level of weight loss, but I'm jsut happy to have made a few strides in the right direction :)
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    I am so in!!!

My goal was to lose 20lbs by my birthday (4th Dec) and I have already lost about 4, so I am going to carry on aiming for that and if I don't make it then definitely 20 down by Christmas!
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    I've lost 12lbs in my first week so I'm feeling a bit more optimistic! :) I know that i'm not going to maintain that level of weight loss, but I'm jsut happy to have made a few strides in the right direction :)

Gosh how did you manage to lose so much weight in one week?? I could definitely do with a kick start like that.
  • jameseylefebure

Gosh how did you manage to lose so much weight in one week?? I could definitely do with a kick start like that.

you know what I have actually got NO idea! I think that it was as big a shock to me as anyone else. I've been going the gym before work every day and going to bed really early and just really sticking to my cals. I wont be surprised to find that this week I've either gained or maintained to be honest :)
  • ScubyUK

Woah! Great job Fella!
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    I'm jumping in a little late on this one, but I still need to get motivated, so I'm in!

10 lbs. by 12/25 is realistic for me... I think! LOL

I woke up at 5 am today and walked 2 miles :) Off to a great start !

11/6 SW: 275 lbs
  • RyanRobertJ
    RyanRobertJ Posts: 19 Member
    I'm game! I'm going to count my weight from October 29th, because that's when I started the site :) I definitely think I could reach this goal!

As of Oct 29 - 232 pounds
    As of Nov 12 - ???

I'm not weighing myself every week. I've decided on every two. This may change, but that's how I'm starting :P
  • ScubyUK
    I'm game! I'm going to count my weight from October 29th, because that's when I started the site :) I definitely think I could reach this goal!

As of Oct 29 - 232 pounds
    As of Nov 12 - ???

I'm not weighing myself every week. I've decided on every two. This may change, but that's how I'm starting :P

Every 2 is cool, and actually very healthy from a psychological point of view. ;o)