Brain over binge

Options
tomcat941
tomcat941 Posts: 47 Member
I have had a history of bulimia non-purging type, and currently have BED. I gave up therapy for my eating disorder as i found it unhelpful, although i continued my therapy for depression. Anyway, i have had trouble binging and have gained a lot of weight from it. I''ve been looking at a few posts, and i think i found a book that will help a lot of people. I assume must people have heard of the book Brain over binge, and searched it up. You can get a look of information about it online. However, recently i got the book and although i'm only 2/3 of the way through i already feel recovered. I doubt i will binge again, and even if i do, i now know that it is entirely in my control as to whether i binge or not. the sense of power it has given me is great. I really recommend the book for everyone, regardless of whether you have an eating disodre, or just binge every now and again.

Replies

• lorrainzander
    lorrainzander Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to hear you are making a change for yourself and found some relief. Thank you so much for sharing this information, I am looking forward to finding this information.
  • tomcat941
    Options
    No problem, it's deffiantly a worth while read :)
  • lorrainzander
    Options
    Such interesting stuff. I looked at her book on Amazon and all the amazing reviews, then went to her website/blog and spent about 3 hours reading. I have always thought to myself that my binge/overeating was just this really bad habit I had gotten myself into because I did not have this problem until I became an adult and the yo-yo dieting/binge eating began. To me it was like this learned behavior that I just needed to break. I have read so much on these subjects and even tried OA, but it was not for me.I actually stopped myself from a binge yesterday, but it was emotionally draining and then I read your post. For sure going to buy the book (after payday :ohwell: ). Hoping that it helps stop the overeat/ binge behavior without being so emotionally drained each time I fight it. Thanks again!
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look into this, it sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!
  • tomcat941
    Options
    Yeah, i was lucky to get the book for free, but before then i had also been on her website-it's good stuff, although she expands a lot more in the book, and makes it a lot easier. I've had several urges to binge and i've overcome them all today, although i gave up halfway through exercise but seeing as i wasn't able to exercise due to illness yesterday it was fair enough. But yeah, it is certainly easier, and after reading through her book it becomes extremly easy. The sense of detachment i have towards my lower brain now, made no sense to me no less than 3 days earlier, but now it does. I don't think it is a magic cure, because you deffianty have to want to stop bingeing, and you do have to put some effort into it, but once you do that, it's surprising how easy it is.
  • tomcat941
    Options
    Just a little update for those that are interested, but i'm now 5 days binge free (which is a major success for me) and i still don't have any urges, and i still feel confident that i have recovered for good :) Deffiantly a good book haha
  • lorrainzander
    Options
    That is so amazing and wonderful, please keep up the great work you are doing on yourself to find peace and balance. :)