Anyone else closer to 100g a day?

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
Hi guys! I see a bunch of people doing induction and folks who are doing 50g or less. I was wondering if I'm all alone here in 100-150g land. LOL! I'm a group fitness instructor so I definitely need some carbs to help support teaching 9+ hours of kickboxing/strength training/dancing classes. Most if not all come from veggies though. Anyone else a little higher on the carb scale? Anyone with an open diary that I can take a peek at and get ideas? :-) Thanks!

Replies

• mrsgigandet
    mrsgigandet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I was recently diagnosed with insulin resistance and the change has been hard for me. I have my daily goal right now at 93 carbs because I'm horrible at setting the macro thingys on here, haha! I have definitely cut out unnecessary breads or things - most of my big carb numbers come from fruit. I can't help it, I love it! I don't know if this helped any, but my diary is open even though my changes are very, very recent :)
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am closer to 100! I am training for a 10k and I have found when I was doing 50 or less, my running suffered. This works well for me, I don't feel ocmpletely spent when I am done running!
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm just not a very happy person if I keep carbs down in the 20 to 50g area. Mine are more around 75 to 100. I don't eat a lot of fruit but I do like my banana in my protein shake in the morning for breakfast. I guess I'm not as strict on myself with the carbs because I find it more difficult to replace the fats. Cheese doesn't agree with my intestines and IBS, so I eat it in moderation.

I'm still losing but I will have to say things are slowing way down and I have a feeling I need to do some serious thinking and switch things up a bit. Maybe my carb intake is too high. I don't exercise as much as I was, I'm not eating as well as I was before so I need to step it up and get with the program. Holidays and fall are hard for me, I'm a weak human and it's hard to pass up those little halloween candy bars!

I swear if I can just hold steady and not gain through January it will be a miracle!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    hi gal,

we are pals, so take a peek at my diary.

I'm a personal trainer and group fitness instructor, and I exercise allot ontop of work. I don't up my carbs at all on purpose, staying about 50g a day on average. I see that in the past year of my low carb wol I average a carb binge of about 100g in a day once every two months. That's usually because I'm just exercising allot and out of town so my food choices are limited.

I don't see that extra carbs help me at all energy wise. Inf act, I find that I become sluggish and a bit sick if I go higher than 20 g carbs in a meal. And the bloat from going over 60g carbs in one day is not worth it! Peek at my diary to see what I'm talking about. Last week was one of those once in a few months days, and I did not feel good at all! No more Indian food for me. *recalls the horrific event that happened there in the restaurant too* :flowerforyou:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    My carb level that I aim for varies depending on my activity level. I need to lower mine back down now (probably around 50), but during rugby season it was 80-120ish, I'd guess. My main sources were veggies, sweet potatoes (and sometimes white but it makes me crave more carbs), and rice (I try to stay gluten-free). Oh and bananas and berries. The sweet potatoes were kind of a "dessert" to me, I'd just put butter and cinnamon on it and it was sweet enough on it's own for me!

My diary is open, but you'd need to go back to around August/September. I can't see your diary, but the other thing I learned was that I just needed more calories overall, not necessarily just from carbs, or I'd feel awful. MFP had me at like 1400 net calories, which apparently wasn't enough to play rugby, lol (I was eating my exercise cals, and then some and still hungry and/or fatigued). I upped it to 1550, then 1600 (this was back in the spring season). MUCH better!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I'm just not a very happy person if I keep carbs down in the 20 to 50g area. Mine are more around 75 to 100. I don't eat a lot of fruit but I do like my banana in my protein shake in the morning for breakfast. I guess I'm not as strict on myself with the carbs because I find it more difficult to replace the fats. Cheese doesn't agree with my intestines and IBS, so I eat it in moderation.

I'm still losing but I will have to say things are slowing way down and I have a feeling I need to do some serious thinking and switch things up a bit. Maybe my carb intake is too high. I don't exercise as much as I was, I'm not eating as well as I was before so I need to step it up and get with the program. Holidays and fall are hard for me, I'm a weak human and it's hard to pass up those little halloween candy bars!

I swear if I can just hold steady and not gain through January it will be a miracle!

Ha, this year I finally made a (more realistic) goal for myself of JUST DON'T GAIN over the holidays! I usually gain like 10-15lb which takes way longer to lose than it did to gain, lol.

What is difficult in replacing fats? Not sure I understand what you mean.

And like I mentioned above, I try to scale my carb level to my activity level - I eat more carbs when I'm more active and know I'm using those carbs for high intensity activities (rugby, sprints, heavy lifting) and need to replace them (this is hard for me, though!).
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I normally come in under 90 (that is not net).