PUSH Phase

Options
tinalatina
tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
Please share your experiances with this Level, I would love to know what to expect:

Replies

• Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Push. You go heavier weights but only trying to get to 6-8 reps instead of 10-12 reps in Burn. The cardio is the same, you do burn intervals & burn it off. Definitely can tell I'm stronger and can see some definition in my arms & legs. Exciting!
    Going heavy at home!
  • tinalatina
    Options
    WOW How Exciting!!!! So tell me, How heavy do you have to go??? I am probably going to have to buy heavier weights. Right now my heaviest is 8 & 20, and I desperately need in betweeners.

Thanks for the motivation and sharing your experiance!
    I'm loving Push. You go heavier weights but only trying to get to 6-8 reps instead of 10-12 reps in Burn. The cardio is the same, you do burn intervals & burn it off. Definitely can tell I'm stronger and can see some definition in my arms & legs. Exciting!
    Going heavy at home!
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    I use 15 - 18 lbs for arms/shoulders and I'm up to 30 lbs for legs. I have the PowerBlocks.
    WOW How Exciting!!!! So tell me, How heavy do you have to go??? I am probably going to have to buy heavier weights. Right now my heaviest is 8 & 20, and I desperately need in betweeners.

Thanks for the motivation and sharing your experiance!
    Going heavy at home!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I use 15 - 18 lbs for arms/shoulders and I'm up to 30 lbs for legs. I have the PowerBlocks.

I have 3, 8, 15, and 20. I, too, need some in between. Hopefully, Santa will bring me the select tech. :)

One thing that I noticed is that I CAN use 20 pounds for my legs, and maybe a little more, but I have a hard time holding the weights. My arms hurt and I have to try hard not to lock my elbow, otherwise, it will hurt as well. Any tips?

Thanks
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    [/quote]

I have 3, 8, 15, and 20. I, too, need some in between. Hopefully, Santa will bring me the select tech. :)

One thing that I noticed is that I CAN use 20 pounds for my legs, and maybe a little more, but I have a hard time holding the weights. My arms hurt and I have to try hard not to lock my elbow, otherwise, it will hurt as well. Any tips?

Thanks
    [/quote]
    I haven't had issues with arms hurting but I did have issues with trying to hold 30 lbs in each hand, especially once I got sweaty, so I started using my weightlifting gloves that I had from using my kettlebells.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think that gloves could help a little. I will keep an eye on the issue and on the form as well. Thanks,
  • tinalatina
    Options
    Okay First of all....What are Power Blocks??

I was so discouraged yesterday when I went to sports Authority and saw how Exspensive it was just for ONE stinking 15 lbs weight! I mean seriously...? By the time I buy 4 weights(15's & 10's) im already racking up $100!!! Might as well invest in the select weights but Im hoping SANTA will bring me that too!

Finding myself in a Bind because I know I really need heavier weights.

Thanks for the info girls!

P.S. I think we deserve some Gloves for sure! I saw "Pink" pair I wouldnt mind getting.
  • Larisonlj
    Options
    PowerBlocks are a cheaper version of the Bowflex select techs Chalene uses on her video. The base set goes from 10 lbs up to 50 lbs and you select the weight you want. There are 2.5 lb weights inside that you can remove one or both to get the increments you want, so you can increase in 2.5 lb increments. They take a few seconds to adjust not as fancy as select techs but I like them and they were cheaper. I found them at D!cks' Sporting Goods.