Anyone lost alot of weight doing the LCHF?

Options
tabathavm
tabathavm Posts: 99 Member
Just need some motivation, Looking for success stories. I plan on starting LCHF tomorrow! :)

Replies

• dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    How much do you consider 'a lot'? I am at 31lbs and still going.
  • tabathavm
    Options
    How much do you consider 'a lot'? I am at 31lbs and still going.
    WOW! Thats great. How long did it take you to loose it? Are you doing any sort of exercising? I need to loose about 80 lbs myself.
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wish I could tell you I am dedicated to exercise like many people here. I am not. I have a rebounder/mini trampoline and I did use that pretty regularly for three months, 1/2 hour a day. This last month not at all. I really need to get to it!!!!

Its taken me 5 months to lose it. But don't use me as an example, please. In that time frame I was also trying to detect allergies. (each time I had a reaction the scales shot up 5-10 lbs with inflammation. I had to wait weeks until the reaction passed for my body to quit fighting the enemy and to begin losing fat again) I think had this not happened, I could have lost a bit faster. But I am not complaining about the time frame!!!

I will say, even though its argued here.... that for me, what worked was....
    changing my caloric intake nearly daily. Sometimes going 1000 over my recommended amount! (maybe once a week) But then some days I was way under. I listen to my body. If it says NOT HUNGRY I don't force myself to eat. (and you are often not hungry eating this way!)
    After the first month, about every 3 days I had double my normal carbs.
    I drink WATER. A lot! Two gallons a day, sometimes more. Yes, I run to the bathroom a lot. But I found if I do not drink it and flush things out, the scales stay put. My body loves water.

I have to tell you, I used a goal weight on here I never thought achievable. But now I am 4 lbs from it, and I think I will 'end up' even less than it. I will let my body decide. Because this is not a diet for me, but my lifestyle.
    I am 51 yo, 5'1" and today I weighed 129 lb!!!!

Good luck to you!!!!
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this particular group, but I started low-carbing on Feb. 10, 2012 (so it's been 8-1/2 months), and I've lost around 70 pounds doing it. I refused to get on a scale at the very beginning, but after seeing some results, I weighed in the first time at 189 (so I'm guessing my beginning weight to be around 195). Today I weigh 123.

Of course, along the way, I've added calorie counting (since joining MFP) and with all the extra energy, I've also upped my exercising quite a bit. I went from doing 30 minutes, twice a week at the gym to exercising every day (mostly bike riding, but also attending 3 Pilates classes a week). I do these extras, because I enjoy them... a lot! (Believe me, no one was more surprised than I was!)

I plan to stay on the low-carb plan for life at this point. I feel better, both physically and emotionally. Sure, I crave bread once in awhile, but I can live without it or be satisfied with the various replacements. Once I found the tools and resources to make my choices feel more like a lifestyle and less like a temporary burden, it really has been easy.

You can do it!
  • PrimalNorth
    Options
    You will not have to look far to find success stories on LCHF.

You can also join Primal North on Facebook where you will find a tonne of people practicing carb restriction combined with paleo/primal principles and having success. www.facebook.com/primalnorth or www.primalnorth.com
  • tabathavm
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this particular group, but I started low-carbing on Feb. 10, 2012 (so it's been 8-1/2 months), and I've lost around 70 pounds doing it. I refused to get on a scale at the very beginning, but after seeing some results, I weighed in the first time at 189 (so I'm guessing my beginning weight to be around 195). Today I weigh 123.

Of course, along the way, I've added calorie counting (since joining MFP) and with all the extra energy, I've also upped my exercising quite a bit. I went from doing 30 minutes, twice a week at the gym to exercising every day (mostly bike riding, but also attending 3 Pilates classes a week). I do these extras, because I enjoy them... a lot! (Believe me, no one was more surprised than I was!)

I plan to stay on the low-carb plan for life at this point. I feel better, both physically and emotionally. Sure, I crave bread once in awhile, but I can live without it or be satisfied with the various replacements. Once I found the tools and resources to make my choices feel more like a lifestyle and less like a temporary burden, it really has been easy.

You can do it!
    Ohh WOW! Congrats! THat's exciting to hear!! Do you have any pics?
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ive lost about 60..
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds the first two weeks. I didn't lose any week 3 - that was last week -- but I lost more inches around the waist. This is week 4 for me. Never hungry/no cravings.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm at just over 90 days and down almost 23.5 pounds. I have 60 or so to go myself.
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am down 30lbs since last September but I took "off" Nov and Dec due to a hectic schedule. Started back Jan 15th up 8 lbs from the holidays. Lost all that in the 1st 2 weeks and a total of 12 lbs the first month I was back on. I lose in spurts. A couple weeks at just a 1 lb or so then a couple weeks at 3 lbs a week.

You can do this. It is a choice and it is not always easy in the beginning but once you get the hang of it you will find it the easiest lifestyle to maintain long term. Does not mean you can't have stuff you just have to try alternatives and if you can't find one you like you have what you want but only occasionally. I think you will find you won't actually crave it as you go along. You won't miss it at all.

Best of luck to you. Feel free to friend me.
  • drzira
    drzira Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Almost (soooooooo close) 100lb since May. I haven't done any exercise, just LCHF and intermittently calorie counting (sometimes I worry about it sometimes I don't).
  • turbojam_rocks
    turbojam_rocks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just started LCHF 2 weeks ago..I haven't weighed myself yet..But my clothes feel a bit looser..I am at the learning stage to this lifestyle change..Such as deciding what to eat and doing research ..I know I have more energy!!:)
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks doing a less extreme LCHF (80-100g/carbs, 40-60g/fats, 45-60g/protein) in a clean diet. BTW, my carbs are mostly veggies & legumes.

I also aim for 8-12 8oz glasses filtered water daily, 7-8hrs sleep, I've upped my fiber from 20 to 30g (which will be a challenge). I upped my physical exercise from 2500kcal burn to 4900kcal burn. Once I hit my first goal (18lbs loss), I will reduce it to 4200kcal burn.

I rarely exceed 30g of all sugars daily--this is key for my weightloss.

Lastly, I am for the short-term supplementing with digestive enzymes. I look for enteric (hard) coated tablets, so that they can survive stomach acids and get to the small intestine. My usual supplements are omega3s and multi-vit&min.

I have loss 2.5" in my waist, 0.25"neck and about 1" on my hips, buttocks, and thighs each.

• JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't know it's it's "a lot" but I've lost what's listed below, and my boyfriend has lost about 51lbs so far (he's been on it longer then I have)
    So I believe we are having tremenous success on the low carb high fat diet, and we feel better, healthier, more energy.
    The only problem is when I give in to my cravings, particularly pizza for me, but once I snap out of it and get back on track, we both lose pretty regulary.
    The lost I've heard of someone losing on LCHF, is 227lbs. He's my friend on MFP, and that's something amazing!! :D
  • Sarah83E
    Sarah83E Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost a "Lot" but it is a lot for me! 31lbs in the last 7 weeks!!! <3 low carb, I'm trying hard to just tell myself no on things I know I don't need and enjoying "REAL" food!!!!!!

Sending Light and Blessings!

-Sarah
  • tabathavm
    Options
    Well it seems i am an the right track then! So far i am LOVING low carb. Ive noticed too the longer I do it the less i crave the, and when i have a "cheat" day, i seem to go crazy for sweets are simple carbs....YIKES! So I dont even think a CHEAT day is worth it anymore.