Dukan Newbie - Attack phase day 1

Options
Resalyn
Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
Hi there - I am a Dukan newbie - and today is my attack phase day 1. I've been a member of MFP for a long time, but got away from it because of all the bashing I had seen on many threads of anyone who is doing anything other than mainstream to lose weight. So I went searching for some Dukan support groups, and didn't really find that many, which really surprised me!

So I figured I'd stop by MFP to see if anyone here is doing Dukan, and found this group - so here I am!

I am a 42yo married mother of a 16yo girl, been battling the bulge for more than 10 years now. I can't even list the different methods I've tried and failed at. Hopefully this will be the last attempt to make it to a manageable weight. I have a lot to lose - (80+) so am doing a 7-day or 10-day attack phase - we'll see how it goes and how I feel at 7 days. I am premenopausal, have PCOS, and IR too - so the older I get, the harder it is to lose. I'm tired of losing the same damn 10 lbs over and over!

Replies

• bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Stick with it and you'll be amazed. Last year I lost 12lbs in 8 wks ( my goal was only 16lbs) but then gained it all back at x-mass. So here I am again a year later and will actually complete all the phases of the program. Good luck.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am a dukanite for life. Total readjusted my eating .. lost 43 pounds as a 53/54 year old! I never expected to be this small again..
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Dukan! I'm also a Dukan for life. Its not a diffycult adjustment to your lifestyle, and once you are into it and understand what and how, its really easy! You can add me if you have any questions.
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    I love it... have lost 10.5lbs in four weeks and 1 lb off my target... onlty had 12lbs to lose. During that time I went to a wedding and splurged for the weekend so the lost aint to shabby considering...

I advise you to be adventerous and try the different recipes there are as it makes it sooooooooo much easier.

Best of luck
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, everyone! Day one is down and under my belt, and I'm 4 pound lighter than yesterday morning, and the nasty carb bloat I've been carrying around for months is GONE.

I think I'm going to start a Dukan Diary thread for myself, or maybe a blog. Probably a thread, as that is viewable only by Dukan Diet Group people. While I have no compunction about sharing my Dukan journey, I have had a lot of flak on the main message boards when sharing/discussing/recommending anything that isn't mainstream. I guess I've just gotten to the point that I have too many other things going on to have to justify my choices to complete strangers all the time, lol. :happy:
  • marlouwhite
    Options
    Hi! I am just starting the Dukan Diet and I DEFINITELY think you should start a blog about it! It would be so encouraging and nice to talk to others who are doing it and get recipe ideas, see how others are feelign at different stages, etc. I agree about justifying your reasons. For some of us, this is the only way to lose weight. I just had my first child 9 months ago, and while he is the absolute center of my husband and my world, I am not loving the 20 lbs I sitll have hanging around. I've always been active and still am. I work out 5 times a week and eat relatively healthy, but the weight just won't drop off. I decided to try to the Dukan because I did Atkins when I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago to help. I'm so glad I found this thread! Any suggestions for the first phase?!
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Hi there, Marlou! Welcome to MFP!

I did decide to a blog on MFP, just to keep track of my journey and for a place for my ramblings. Don't know if anyone will read it, don't really care, LOL - it's more for me than anyone else!

I am on day 3 of my Attack phase - and so far so good. My suggestion (keeping in mind that I am relatively new) - make sure to "over-shop" the first week - whatever protein/meats you think you will need - buy some extra to keep in the freezer or fridge - cuz ya never know when the hunger monster will strike!

My other suggestion is do a batch cook - especially since you have a baby at home! I did a batch cook of baked chicken breasts, all with different spices, and prepackaged them in the fridge - very handy to have when the hunger monster shows up - just pop one in the microwave and you have a filling solution!