What to do when you are tempted by ?

Options
I know everyone has something that tempts to derail their hard work. Do you have tips for how to deal with what tempts you?

For me I have a major sweet tooth. I don't usually keep the stuff I can't resist in the house unless I have planned it into my day. If my kind and naturally slender, gym loving husband brings home temptation foods I try to imagine that somebody poured maple syrup all over it because I really hate maple syrup. If that doesn't work I imagine hot sauce. If the first two visualization tricks fail I remind myself that I can work it in tomorrow or I get up and do just dance on the Wii with my kids.

Edited because I can't seem to get through a single message typed on iPad without typos and other errors.

Replies

• PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, I know exactly what you are talking about, I've been having really bad food cravings lately. The thing is, I've been exercising quite a bit, so my mind tries to play games with me. Like.. "why shouldn't you have the fried chicken, you earned it!". I do the same thing, in that I try to not have tempting things in the house, however my OH is a junk food addict, and can't gain a pound if he wanted to. Last night I was sitting on the couch and all I could hear was the crinkling of the chip bag, I ended up making him put them in a bowl so I wouldn't have to hear. Lol! Last night I was pondering this, and I just couldn't believe how hard it is to NOT eat. Usually NOT doing something is easy, know what I mean? I think I might try having a cup of tea every time a bad temptation pops up.. I've heard that helps some people.
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    I am more salty and crunchy! LOL! I love chips, anything mexican, italian..... What were we talking about again?! LOL!

The one good thing I have done is cut out soda, I was really addicted to it and I knew that wasn't good, even if it was diet.