Skin?

Options
I've been doing a lot of research on skin and weight loss lately. I'm only 5'2" so my 300+ lbs had a small area to pack on. As I'm loosing, I've noticed my tummy area (my main problem) is all cottage cheese. I do strength training 5 days a week and am hoping that will help. Most of what I find is loose slowly, exfolliate, hydrate, exercise, etc.

I did find something called an infrared sauna and want to try it but they are about $200 for a portable one and I really don't have that kind of money to waste if it doesn't work. Has anyone ever tried one? Results?

Replies

• SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My skin seems to be tightening up with walking, water aerobics, and time. Hope this helps!
  • Highlanderlover
    Options
    I think everyone is different! Some people their skin bounces back and some people it is a little bit harder.
    I have never heard of that thing you are talking about. But $200 seems like a lot to me!
  • ladyrhyanon
    Options
    I found an interesting article that may be of help: http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss.aspx.

It is a great relief to know that the skin can bounce back.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I found an interesting article that may be of help: http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss.aspx.

I can't get the link to open:sad:
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    this is one of my biggest concerns!!! I've also read that toning, slow loss, and hydration can help.
  • melonheadPHX
    Options
    Slow, steady, healthy weight loss (~2lbs/wk on avg), healthy diet (incl good fats), and hydration worked relatively well for me.

I am ~43 yrs old, and half of my weight from 2 years ago, and other than a few stretch marks on my belly, everything snugged up as I went...
  • ladyrhyanon
    Options

I can't get the link to open:sad:

try just www.getfitguy.com and then click on tips. When I googled loose skin, it took me to the link that you have problems opening but the main page may work better. and then you can search within the website.
  • ladyrhyanon
    Options
    this is one of my biggest concerns!!! I've also read that toning, slow loss, and hydration can help.

mine too!
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    this is a concern of mine too (once I get over the concern of actually losing the weight in the first place!)

I read that strength training, hydration and losing the weight slowly helps.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ok, so here's the thing with skin-

it's an organ. And it's going to change with you. Unless you are rapidly looseing weight (IE: Gastric bypass, ect), it shouldn't become a problem as you do various toning excersizes (strenghting training means muscles, means more calories, means skin moves better).

But I do recommend anyone to do normal mousizersiation. Nothing fancy. I use a bottle of 5 dollar cocoa butter after the shower myself. And just slather it on my tiger stripes.