Motivation

Options
When you are having that blah day, what do you do to keep yourself motivated?

Replies

• Morenosn
    Morenosn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have days where I dont want to eat healthy, I just want to eat what I see when I see it. Food brings me comfort and I HATE that about myself. I wish I didn't turn to food for things like that. I force myself to log everything that I put into my mouth, even if i go WAYY over my calories for that day because it keeps me accountable. If I really don't feel like working out, I will just take a walk with my dogs around the block or go up and down my stairs a few times. I try very hard to stay motivated but sometimes it is just hard to. I know that working out is going to help me loss the weight, but I feel like the weight is holding me back from working out if that even makes sense. Right now I am focused on watching my calorie intake and being active as much as I can.
  • MelissaSue12
    MelissaSue12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For me I need someone that is right there beside me egging me on!!! There has been so many times that I let my feelings get the best of me and just give in and eat the things that I shouldn't...This is the struggle that I have to fight everyday...I need to gain more discipline so I can get through this fight.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    When I think about eating poorly, I think about the MFP friends I have and how they will be disappointed in my failure (even if they try to hide it through "tomorrow is a new day" encouragement) and that is generally enough for me to hold steady. I also think how long it will take me to undo my lapse.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to stay motivated but I just have to remember that by allowing myself to slide back just once is going to end up making me feel even more miserable, and delay the results that much longer.

What I honestly need is friends who will be completely honest and say "WHERE ARE YOU?" if I don't log in for a day - or chew me out if I slip up instead of just unfriending me.
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Somedays are harder than others because of the lack of support at home. And then it can be trouble one thing leads to another leads to a bad day into a bad weekend. He loves me the way I am and honestly I hate the way my body looks. So who wins
    I lost the game a long LONG time ago and I'm ready to try again to tale control just worried I may also fail again
  • zeuslrd
    Options
    so true
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When I feel like giving up, I look at my 1 year old. I've fought this fight for so many years. My older boys have seen the struggle and know how hard it is. My little one, he hasn't and he doesn't understand it. When I mess up, my older ones understand I feel frustrated and try to "make it all better" but the little one smiles and that smile just keeps me going. I also love that my skinny minny hubby has started exercising with me. Now, if I could get him to STOP his pop tart at night issue I'd be ok.
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to try again to tale control just worried I may also fail again

I would suggest changing the words "try again to take" to "am taking". I found changing simple things helps, even if it's something as small as a word!
  • ladyrhyanon
    Options
    It is hard to stay motivated all of the time but my sister is always encouraging to me. Also, I keep in mind how much I hate not being able to do the normal everyday things that others can do. I am working on keeping in mind that I would rather be able to walk into a clothes store and buy anything I want off the rack more than eating those nachos!
  • ladyrhyanon
    Options
    I have days where I dont want to eat healthy, I just want to eat what I see when I see it. Food brings me comfort and I HATE that about myself. I wish I didn't turn to food for things like that. I force myself to log everything that I put into my mouth, even if i go WAYY over my calories for that day because it keeps me accountable. If I really don't feel like working out, I will just take a walk with my dogs around the block or go up and down my stairs a few times. I try very hard to stay motivated but sometimes it is just hard to. I know that working out is going to help me loss the weight, but I feel like the weight is holding me back from working out if that even makes sense. Right now I am focused on watching my calorie intake and being active as much as I can.

I feel the exact same way.
  • gbellamy55
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I just started using myfitnesspal on August 23. As of today I have lost 26 pounds. I am exercising and eating healthy. I found the most helpful thing for me is putting my food in the daily dairy to see the calories actually before I eat anything. This gives me a chance to make adjustments if necessary. I only have a few friends but two who are both co-workers/friend. We communicate daily on my fitnesspal, through text messages and nudging each other with an app called Nexercise. We all have set goals and hold each other accountable by getting together for a weekly weigh-in. I am 5 pounds away from getting out of the 300's but still felt that this group may be the best fit for motivation.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am trying to implement the tool of journaling it seems to be getting me through blahs and frustrations :smile:
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I just started using myfitnesspal on August 23. As of today I have lost 26 pounds. I am exercising and eating healthy. I found the most helpful thing for me is putting my food in the daily dairy to see the calories actually before I eat anything. This gives me a chance to make adjustments if necessary. I only have a few friends but two who are both co-workers/friend. We communicate daily on my fitnesspal, through text messages and nudging each other with an app called Nexercise. We all have set goals and hold each other accountable by getting together for a weekly weigh-in. I am 5 pounds away from getting out of the 300's but still felt that this group may be the best fit for motivation.

That is awesome congratulations!!!! Its always nice having the help of others especially when having a tough day.
  • ladyrhyanon
    Options

way to go!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I say my favorite quote: "Skinny waits for no one." (Feel free to change "skinny" to "healthy" -- I'm just shallow LOL).

Reaching my goal weight will not wait for:

- my TOM to be over
    - my job to get better
    - my bank account to be fatter
    - my family to be more supportive
    - the ice cream in the freezer to be gone
    - the holidays (including those devilish potlucks!) to be over
    - the weather to be nicer
    - Monday
    - the 1st of the month
    - any other excuse I can think of to get out of putting in the work to get where I want to be.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I say my favorite quote: "Skinny waits for no one." (Feel free to change "skinny" to "healthy" -- I'm just shallow LOL).

Reaching my goal weight will not wait for:

- my TOM to be over
    - my job to get better
    - my bank account to be fatter
    - my family to be more supportive
    - the ice cream in the freezer to be gone
    - the holidays (including those devilish potlucks!) to be over
    - the weather to be nicer
    - Monday
    - the 1st of the month
    - any other excuse I can think of to get out of putting in the work to get where I want to be.

I'm totally guilty of...ALL of these!!! :embarassed:
  • melonheadPHX
    Options
    I remember how lousy I felt 24hrs a day when I wasn't active...and if that doesn't work, I think about the protein/fruit smoothie I get to eat when I'm done working out...
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I log into tumblr and look and fitso blogs. Or Paulien Nordin. She's my fit'speration. I want cuts and abbs like her so bad :c