Weights

Options
Apeck87
Apeck87 Posts: 68 Member
Hi All,

I have been doing the 30DS for two days now and its been pretty easy. I did level one. Anyway, I have been using 3 pound weights. Do you use weights and if so how many pounds. She doesnt specify in the video how many pound weights we should be using.

Thanks!

Replies

• Silly_Sara
    Silly_Sara Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use 5 pound weights. The weights you use should challenge you, but not destroy you. You can start out light if you need to and then work your way up. Because of the nature of the moves Jillian has you do, the 5 pound weights definitely provide a challenge, at least for me! :)
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm using 1.5 pound brass ducks. Smh. I'm hoping to get some real weights soon, but man.. I still can't make it through the whole thing without stopping. Maybe it's a good thing I'm starting low.
  • Apeck87
    Apeck87 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use 5 pound weights. The weights you use should challenge you, but not destroy you. You can start out light if you need to and then work your way up. Because of the nature of the moves Jillian has you do, the 5 pound weights definitely provide a challenge, at least for me! :)

I used five pound weights last night and it was a little bit more challenging But I wasn't sore at all. I did level one. What do you think? should I just do level two for 15 days and level three for another 15? I'm afraid of hitting a plateau.
  • Marie92281
    Marie92281 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb weights and i was feeling it. IMO if you dont struggle a little I would increase the weights. Has anyone seen 4lb weights anywhere? on some of them I feel like I could use 4 but not 5! weird right.
  • Silly_Sara
    Silly_Sara Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Anis--Only you can know if you're ready to move on. If you think you're ready, I would give level 2 a try. The worst that can happen is you realize you're not quite ready and go back to level 1 for a few more days. As for hitting a plateau, don't worry that staying at level 1 is going to make you plateau. You get exactly what you put into your exercise. If you work hard, you'll get results.

That being said, you might worry if you've been doing the same workout without break for 4 or more weeks simply because then your muscles may have memorized the moves and repetitions, which makes them less effective. I did one of the Biggest Loser workouts that had Jillian and stuck basically only to level 1, and I still lost 50 pounds.

Really the key is to challenge yourself but not to make your body do what it isn't ready for. We're here for you!