Introduction

Options
Hi Everyone!

I recently joined MFP because I need that extra boost and support to loose weight. I had a total hysterectomy nine years ago. Since then, my weight has been a HUGE battle. Before my surgery, I had taken off 40lbs because I knew that I would put on some weight; however, I did not realize it would be this frustrating. :grumble: Within the last five years, my health has been an issue with being diagnosed as a diabetic, sleep apnea, bad knees and lower back, and fatty liver disease (under control now). I have my old jeans before my hysterectomy and want to fit into them again.

Feel free to drop me a line.

Replies

• JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    HI there!!

I know this journey can be so frustrating! I have not had to deal with the same issues as you, but still am finding it very hard to get this extra weight off - which some days can be beyond frustrating.

I am 47, am perimenopausal, have hypothyroidism and a gluten intolerance. I have lost and gained weight so many times over the years you would think I could do this again, but this time it just doesn't seem to want to move, then I get frustrated and eat --- and the cycle begins all over again. I am here also for the structure and hopefully to make friends that are trying to reach similar goals. Hopefully to receive support and motivation as well to as to offer the same.

Feel free to add me and I wish you the best of luck on your journey to a healthy you!
  • VFBloch0725
    Options

I have lost and gained weight so many times over the years you would think I could do this again, but this time it just doesn't seem to want to move, then I get frustrated and eat --- and the cycle begins all over again. I am here also for the structure and hopefully to make friends that are trying to reach similar goals. Hopefully to receive support and motivation as well to as to offer the same.

It seems over the years I have tried so many diets and I failed all of them. I decided not to "diet" any longer until I was in the right frame of mind and find a plan that would fit [me]; that is one reason for joining MFP because of it being structured and making friends who can relate. Keeping track of my foods has been an eye opener for sure!
  • cowgirlcookie
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

I just joined MFP today so this is my first venture into a group. I am 50 and started menopause at 47. I am post menopause now. I started bio-identical hormones in February and it's relieved all my symptoms but I believe it's contributed to my slow weight gain also. I feel like my body has just slowed way down and I was pretty athletic and active person most of my life. I am not much of a dieter... i hope to work on portion control and to learn to track and find fitness after age 50. It's not as easy as it use to be. Glad to be in the group. Hope to learn some valuable lessons from all of you.

:smile:
  • VFBloch0725
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

I just joined MFP today so this is my first venture into a group. I am 50 and started menopause at 47. I am post menopause now. I started bio-identical hormones in February and it's relieved all my symptoms but I believe it's contributed to my slow weight gain also. I feel like my body has just slowed way down and I was pretty athletic and active person most of my life. I am not much of a dieter... i hope to work on portion control and to learn to track and find fitness after age 50. It's not as easy as it use to be. Glad to be in the group. Hope to learn some valuable lessons from all of you.

:smile:

Welcome aboard! I was put into surgical menopause when I turned 39. Before my surgery, I took off 40 lbs because I knew weight gain was inevitable, but I had no idea I would put all of it back on, partly my fault and other due to my metabolism. This program, thus far, has helped me become more aware of portions and proper selections. I always knew how to eat properly but I guess I had more to learn. Good luck to you!
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year to you all. I'm 51 and been in menopause for the past 3 years. I've been on MFP since last spring. I use MFP and lose a few pounds then fall off the wagon, get back on and start the process all over again.

This year I am determined not to stop MFP until I reach my goal. I'm hoping that by joining this group I'll find motivation to stay on MFP as well as learn pick up some tips on how to deal with all the changes going on in my body.

I look forward to connecting with you, and please friend me if you'd like.

--Joanne
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group as well. I'm 38 and peri-menopausal. Seems a bit early to me, but like mother/ like daughter. I almost thought I was going crazy until my Dr.s pointed it out. I used to gain and lose easily. Now it seems I only gain easily and lose after frustratingly large efforts. I'm realising that my health is more important than ever so I am determined to stay on track!
  • apocosi
    apocosi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too am finding that I just keep gaining weight. I was browsing through some books on menopause and thought I saw some diet suggestions that would help with metabolism. Any of you have any reading you would recommend?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I too am finding that I just keep gaining weight. I was browsing through some books on menopause and thought I saw some diet suggestions that would help with metabolism. Any of you have any reading you would recommend?
    I haven't found anything good. I'm just trying to eat healthy, and keep moving. :smile: It seems like any time I let my guard down, even for a second, the scale goes up.
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi there. I am on a mission. I will be 50 in three weeks and in the last two years I have lost 98 and gaine 40 back. This past week I lost 9.4 in 4 days. I also had a total hyst about 8 years ago and my hormones are crazy sense. I have lost and gained the same 30 or so lbs so many times it's crazy. I recently discovered the JJ Virgin diet and it's really working! I think I can really stick to this. No real extra expense other than time and being very organized in order to make sure my food is healthy and I have it all ready to go when I leave for work in the morning and I plan out what I am having for dinner way ahead of time so I dont binge the nearest thing to my hand/mouth. It's a really a joy to be on this web site and getting to know you and having you as a support group! Thank you for being you! Love Alicia