Oh, those darned bars...

Options
trkinsley
trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
Well, I WAS doing very well with eating to about 2200 cals/dayish, felt like I was slowly losing... and then I ordered 24 bars from six pack nutrition shack.

I actually ate five bars in one day because they were so freaking delicious. I am putting myself on bar probation now... but I'm terrified to even look at the scale after ordering another box of 12 and killing those in 4 days. I feel flabby around my waist. I *know* it's impossible to gain much fat in two weeks; I was only hitting 2700 or so calories and according to my BMF I'm burning 2800ish a day, but jeesh.

Consider this a PSA. If you order them, put them out of sight so you don't raid the cookie jar. They are really unbelievably tasty.

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I now have to look these up! what flavor?
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Now i am intrigued!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I had a day at home with a chocolate cake. Count yourself lucky :wink:
  • trkinsley
    Options
    Oatmeal carob chip
    Oatmeal carob almond coconut (crack!)
    Butterscotch (I don't even LIKE butterscotch that much, but I like these!)
    Double choco carob chip

Those are definitely my top 4.
  • trkinsley
    Options

Mmmm cake. I must be super hormonal, this is making me huuuuungry.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options

mine will come tomorrow..... but with white on white cake! yum!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    LOL...too funny, the PUMPKIN is to DIE FOR!!!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    IF SHE CAN'T SHIP TO AUSTRALIA, NONE OF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT THEM ANYMORE!!! :explode:

hahahahaha. Joking. Partially. :tongue:
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    IF SHE CAN'T SHIP TO AUSTRALIA, NONE OF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT THEM ANYMORE!!! :explode:

hahahahaha. Joking. Partially. :tongue:

I am with you on this one Lulu!!! It really sucks reading all about them and not being able to order them LOL

I wonder if we have something like it here in Australia?

Maybe we need to start searching for recipes, i keep thinking how they would be such a rocking thing to alternate with the quest bars LOL
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I know what you mean! The peanut butter/carob chocolate chip is AWESOME! !! Im in rehab!!
  • trkinsley
    Options
    Oh wow! I know what you mean! The peanut butter/carob chocolate chip is AWESOME! !! Im in rehab!!

OMG I know!!!!

I referred 3 friends who bought from her, so I get free shipping on my next box of 24, but I don't want to have them anywhere near me right now, LOL!
  • Happy2BeMichelle
    Options
    Try the oatmeal raisin and cranberry. That's my fav.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Try the oatmeal raisin and cranberry. That's my fav.

oooooooooo I didn't get that one - next time! (Gonna make sure I don't run out and order nice and early :-)
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ooo YUMMY I got mine today Butterscotch and coconut almond. I cant wait to try the pumpkin and snicker doddle. Wow they are to dye for!!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    the mailman delivered my second box of crack ..I mean nutrition shack bars today.

Butterscotch and PB carob are repeat flavors. Added pumpkin and oatmeal cranberry to this order. I THINK I will be able to moderate myself better with this shipment. Hoping the newness of the deliciousness will have worn off. If I add a TB of nut butter to the bar and drink a cup of milk, I'm full for hours. And ..doesn't feel as "snacky" to me.

Seriously good and the nutri stats are good.

I'm now trying to figure how many bars will fit in a LARGE shipping box vs the Medium : ) I'm addicted.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Just tried the pumpkin and the oat cranberry.
    Ehhh. I will def be able to moderate myself with those : )
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the site or a place where I can look at the ingredient list? I am intrigues, too!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the site or a place where I can look at the ingredient list? I am intrigues, too!

http://sixpacknutritionshack.com/
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I emailed Lisa yesterday to see if she would deliver to Australia and how much last night!

I was telling a friend what the quote was for deliver to Australia and was actually going to order them,
    when my friend asked how they would go through customs seeing as they are a home made snack rather than commercially made?

I know customs here can be very finicky, i have heard of several people order dog stuff that doesn't pass customs :(

We were saying if we worked in customs we would keep the bars ourselves too, so we couldn't even blame customs if they didn't pass them LOL

Got so close to having these bars! I was even going to be really nice and ask Lulu if she wanted to go halves in a box of 24 hahaha