sleep or eat?

Options
Do you find that you eat poorly when you have a day with little sleep? What do you do?

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    yup!!!! when i don't get enought sleep i crave junk food-particularly sweets and sugary foods. i usually cave in but try to do it in moderation :(
  • rnlenore
    rnlenore Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am they same! I work 7p-7:30a 2-3 day a week. When the cafeteria opens at the hospital around 5am I always go down to get coffee and I fight with myself not to get a doughnut or 2. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. It seems the longer I have been awake the more likely I am to get 2. I just keep telling myself that the more I say no the easier it will get.
    yup!!!! when i don't get enought sleep i crave junk food-particularly sweets and sugary foods. i usually cave in but try to do it in moderation :(
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    For me the nightshift days (once in the rhythm) are going okay. But after the last shift, I sleep little and I really have to watch out, what I put in my mouth, cause less than 4 hours sleep, being awake for say 7 or 8 hours is a little timespan, but I have really no problem eating 2000 cals and more.
    Found out latley, that on this days I have a hard time to figure out wether I am really hungry, thirsty or just something else.