Welcome one & all of MFP's semi-vertically challenged :]

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
Well hi there! I'm Jolene. I'm 22 years old, a mother of two lovely babies (one nearly 2 and one 7 months old), wife of one (husband not baby) and full-time student. I started this group because I had trouble finding people with stats similar to mine sometimes when I really needed advice or to know from others who experienced what I am going through now. This is obviously where you come in because here we can all share our experiences, our weights, our ups and downs, as well as whatever quirky little facts we feel like disclosing publicly on the world wide web to complete strangers. If you're anything like me, that will be often a little to much information (TMI) and possibly your entire life story. Moving along, I have created a worksheet for the next few weeks/months/weigh-ins if people want to share their hoorahs and not so hoorahs with the class.
Linkage is below this line
http://www.editgrid.com/user/verity1111/Sporty_Shorties

^ (Linkage)

If you have any issues editing the document or are prompted/told to log in then use my information:

USERNAME: Verity1111
PASSWORD: VERITY1225

No spaces. I look forward to getting to know everyone and being (jealous) inspired by your victories - scale and non-scale related!

Replies

• TessiPSU
    Options
    hi! :)
    I am s shorty too! 5'4 :)
  • theMrsisGonnagetFit
    Options
    Fellow shortie here :) 5'4" also!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Seems like 5'4" is pretty common on MFP or just in general it is! Welcome to the group <3 I hope this ends up being helpful for everyone. I only made a basic worksheet, but I have made more detailed ones for other groups, so if people want a way to track inches too, bust, hips, waist, etc I can make a second one for that or just a new one and transfer the information.
  • laylasmommy67
    laylasmommy67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Fellow 5'4er..lol :drinker:
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Fellow 5'4er..lol :drinker:
    I'll drink to that! LOL
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tabby and I am only 5ft, but your group tag said that I could still join.

I am a happily married mom to 3 boys(9,7,3) and one angelbaby. I am getting my butt back in gear to lose the weight that I put on this year. I've been on MFP since July and am beginning to see some results. I really could use some friends that understand and can help me win this weight loss battle.

feel free to friend me. I love giving support to others!
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :) I'm 5.25 ft (I just converted from 1.6m lol) and so happy to be invited in this group :)

I am currently a nursing college student with one more year left till I am a registered nurse. Eversince MFP, I have been very active (not only in the forums and in my profile) physically and absolutely love Zumba. Currently on a ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Fire schedule and it's been awesome for me so far :) I have a progress blog http://mfpmiadhail.blogspot.ca which I recently made, currently only has two posts, but will do more posts when I upload during my weigh-ins which are 4 weeks apart (usually the duration ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Fire phases are).

Why I want to lose weight? Well there is a sappy (lol) story in my profile but ultimately I want to lose weight because I don't want to be that fat kid anymore. And my future career would require me to be really active not only mentally but physically as well.

Feel free to add me! Looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

xoxo Miadhail
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tabby and I am only 5ft, but your group tag said that I could still join.

I am a happily married mom to 3 boys(9,7,3) and one angelbaby. I am getting my butt back in gear to lose the weight that I put on this year. I've been on MFP since July and am beginning to see some results. I really could use some friends that understand and can help me win this weight loss battle.

feel free to friend me. I love giving support to others!
    Welcome to the group! I know the feeling and it is difficult even more so, in my opinion, for short people because if we eat the same as someone taller we gain more weight and even if we gained the same we look larger than someone tall.
  • itswennndy
    Options
    Hello I am 5'2 and 3/4 or I just say 5'3' haha. I am a mother of three and am struggling with shedding these last 20 pounds!! I joined MFP a month or so ago.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hello I am 5'2 and 3/4 or I just say 5'3' haha. I am a mother of three and am struggling with shedding these last 20 pounds!! I joined MFP a month or so ago.
    Well hi fellow mommy! I'm a mother of 2 myself although I think I mentioned it and maybe we can help you reach your goal or at least accompany you in the process :]
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1/2". A half is a half! LOL

I'm also giving it my best shot to lose the lbs.
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'1 and I definitely find it a challenge to keep my metabolism going and keeping my calories low enough to lose the weight. I find that I have to work out A LOT and eat lowish calories to lose any weight. It's a lot of work and I don't know how your mothers do it because I don't have any kids yet.

One of the reasons why I want to lose the weight is because I want to have kids, so I want to have a healthy pregnancy and be healthy for my kids.

I am always looking for a good support group to get through this because it's not always easy with our friends and families.

I'll try to update the spreadsheet.

OH and I'm getting married next March but I'm trying to not to lose weight for that reason. Although, looking nice at your wedding is a good thing.
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    BTW, the logo for this group is super cute! It caught my attention.
  • Notyourrevolution
    Notyourrevolution Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey folks! Monique here from Vancouver, BC. I am 5'4" and am currently at 187 lbs. I was a competitive swimmer until I finished high school and never really learned how to eat properly as someone who DIDN'T exercise 6 days a week for 2+ hours a day. Things were okay when I was still in my 20s but now that I'm in my early 30s the overeating has definitely caught up with me. I'm trying to get back to a more serious/regular exercise routine (more than 2 or 3 days at the gym per week) because I've gotten into running in the last couple of years and I know that I'm only going to see serious improvements if I shed the extra pounds. Also, I'm hoping that in the next year or so I will FINALLY be getting hitched (somebody please explain to heel-dragging bf of 6 years that we are too old to still be bf/gf - lol!) and when that happens, I want to look fabulous.

Oh, I also may be a bit of a TMI person sometimes too - maybe it's a short-girl thing ;)
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Squid. I'm 21, 5' 3.5" and as of putting my name on the spreadsheet, the heaviest person here. I'm California born and raised but currently on the East Coast for university. I'm an art major, which is why my icon isn't a photo. xD

The reason I want to lose weight is mostly because I would like to avoid the diabetes that runs in my family, but also because I've been fat all my life. I want a chance to feel beautiful for once!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Kendra & 5'5 (5'4.75 if u wanna b exact, but I normally just round up) and currently 122,6lbs.
    I only have a few more lbs to lose. I'm trying 2 do this slowly because I wanna lose inches & body fat% more. When I get all that where I wanna be, then Im gonna try to build some muscle.
    I go to college online and it's tough sometimes. Major is Sociology.
    I have ADHD, had it since I was a child. I also have some other problems that stem from it, depression, low self esteem etc.
    The reason I want to lose weight is because I want to like what I see in the mirror. I want to be confident and, like the person above me, I want to feel beautiful for once. I've been kinda chubby all my life. Even at a healthy bmi I was chubs, cuz I carry most of my weight in my tummy. I still even have a tummy now, but working to get rid of it. I just want to love myself.
    This group seems like it's going to be fun!
  • caitzuu
    caitzuu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Cait, 5'4" 3/4s (I know us shorties like to count every little bit) here. I just got out of a 3 yr relationship where I packed on 20 pounds, so I'm trying to lose that and a bit more hopefully! I have lost 6 pounds so far, looking to lose 20-30 more.

Can I just say that took a Les Mills Body Pump on Tues morning and I am STILL sore today omg. Anyway, I hope we can all become good friends and support each other! :)
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    This group is a wonderful idea because I really think getting the scale to budge is harder for us shorties. BTW, my name is Linia and I am 5'2", happy to meet everyone.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shantelbing
    shantelbing Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)
    Shantel here 5' 2" and in a loving relationship where I've gained 30-40 pounds in about these last 6 months. I am extremely comfortable with him and love him to bits and he loves me, every inch of me, but I don't love my body so much anymore and so that's why I'm here. I know he would love me just as much staying this weight or even gaining more but I just want me to love me.

It's really great to find a group of people who are around my height, it's so hard trying to explain to people that sure maybe I weight 10 pounds less than you but you're also 6" taller than me! lol
    I currently weigh 162 and would love to get down to 120-130 :D
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm a super short mommy (5'1") looking to lose about 30 lb of excess fat.
    My daughter is turning 3yrs now, and I'm so sad to say that I have not been able to lose those extra pounds.
    I'm really discouraged, I exercise about 4 times a week (Zumba) but I don't eat too well, nor do I get enough sleep, and work in a high stress environment.

I hope that I can find motivation here in filling out my daily food log, and getting in my strength training, which is the only thing that has helped me in the past to lose weight.