Bored eating!

nmwhitney12
nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
Okay so it is no secret....bored-um is a dieters worst enemy! What do you all do to avoid being bored? I read books, clean or take a walk!

Replies

• I haven't found a way of getting around it yet. I tend to eat when I get angry also.
  • Doozer1978
    Doozer1978 Posts: 61 Member
    I always eat when bored......I tend to end up surfing on the internet to avoid eating!!!!! However when I get angry its a completely different story...I find food "soothes" me which is dangerous as its almost like a drug. What I have been doing lately (I don't get angry THAT often) is taking a few deep breaths and boiling the kettle for a coffee...I have to breathe in and out until the kettle boils and once the coffee is in my hands I drink it. By the time I am through with my mug I seem to have put things into perspective and food is no longer an answer.
  • I just do not allow myself to eat- there are literally times where I will just sit with my head down against the kitchen table and pray to pass the time away. As long as I have gotten my daily exercise finished, I will read, watch some of my favorite shows on Netflix, clean, browse online, and go shopping if there's something buy. But if its not meal time and/or I'm not honestly hungry, I do not allow myself to eat- boredom is not a reason to eat.
  • I find food "soothes" me which is dangerous as its almost like a drug. What I have been doing lately (I don't get angry THAT often) is taking a few deep breaths and boiling the kettle for a coffee...I have to breathe in and out until the kettle boils and once the coffee is in my hands I drink it. By the time I am through with my mug I seem to have put things into perspective and food is no longer an answer.

Food is comfort to me too. But so is coffee or tea when its cool out and most. I am working on finding things to do like walk or clean or read to get my mind off food. I may consume alot of coffee when winter hits.
  • When bored, the first thing I think of is food. Healthy food, and not so healthy food. I usually chew on chewing gum, get a low calorie lolly or eat a fruit really slowly. This usually happens between meals. I found it really helps to phone someone or do some housework, but if I am sat infront of the TV or computer, I can't do much but chew on something low calorie or sugarfree gum. :(

A cup of tea really seems to fill me up, and keeps my mouth busy (lol)! Water helps too. :)