What to do after the surgery has helped all it can?

Options
jnchorn
jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
Hello there. I started my journey September 2010. I lost 98 pounds in my first 6 months and 80 in my 2nd 6 months. I lost a total of 198 after having surgery and 248 overall. My problem is that now after 2 years I feel I can eat normal sized portions. I also feel hunger again. This is making it very tough to finish my journey. I feel like the rest of the process is all up to me and it scares me. How do I find success after the surgery has helped all it can? Thank you for your help!

:flowerforyou:
Charity

Replies

• medea5
    medea5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It ain't over yet! You can still use it as a tool! It really comes down to the basics and sticking to them. I'm two years out as well and I had forgotten to pay attention to the basics and let the fact that I could eat normal portions take over. I ended up gaining back 20 pounds from that. Follow the basics of eating after surgery and excerise everyday, with that you should be set for success in the long run.
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    First off, good going on the weight loss! Secondly, it is still up to "us" to eat right and exercise everyday, the surgery is a tool, as Robin said, not the cure. I felt like you did, Charity, and thought after I lost my 202 lbs I could eat normal...was I sadly mistaken. I regained 70 lbs and then found online help. It's a lifelong journey sweetie, not fun but it is doable and the support online is tremendous. Don't give up or in! You can do this!:flowerforyou: