Welcome one & all of MFP's semi-vertically challenged :]

Options

Replies

• helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm a meagre 4'11" so I'm definitely a shorty....as I like my keep fit I'm also a sporty shorty :happy:

Trying to lose the weight I put on this year but in a more sensible manner. I'm battling with the idea that I have to eat more and it will take some getting used to I think. Eating sub 1000kcals is all I've really known. Anyway, nice to have a group for us all.

Its my weigh in tomorrow so I'll update the spreadsheet then - I like logging things so I don't mind how many places I log it.

Now I am shattered after a chronic day at work along with a good gym session so I am going to sit in bed with a book for a well earned rest. :smile:
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    ok, so a fibbed on my intro. I rounded my 4 ft 11 & 3/4ths up to 5 ft. It's easier to say. lol
  • berumotto
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry for intruding on this group :P

but haha, im fairly new here. I'm a nice and tall 5'2" :)

feel free to friend me!!
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello all! :flowerforyou:

I'm 22 and 5'2"....i started this journey at 197lbs and now weigh 168! I have about 30-35lbs left to lose until I reach my goal of being between 130 and 135. It has taken me almost a year to lose the 29lbs and I look forward to share this experience with other fun sized people like myself :drinker:
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm a meagre 4'11" so I'm definitely a shorty....as I like my keep fit I'm also a sporty shorty :happy:

Trying to lose the weight I put on this year but in a more sensible manner. I'm battling with the idea that I have to eat more and it will take some getting used to I think. Eating sub 1000kcals is all I've really known. Anyway, nice to have a group for us all.

Same for me. I'm only two days in to a 1000kcal+ diet and my body is kind of freaking out at me.
  • mrsmclarke
    Options
    Well.. here I am..
    My name is Miranda and I'm 5'4.. currently weighing in at 216 pounds as of this morning. Starting weight was somewhere around 255 pounds, so I feel like I've come pretty far considering my story....

I mentioned in a post before weight has always been a struggle for me. I'm certainly an emotional eater and it shows on the scale. My weight loss battle has been difficult for the most part. I've lost weight in the past and watched it pile right back on. I started here on MFP back in 2010 weighing in at 255 pounds.. seriously, wth. I can't believe I let myself become such a mess. My doctor diagnosed me with PCOS and told me I couldn't even think of having children if I didn't start by losing at least 50 pounds, not to mention she also wanted to put me on meds for high blood pressure. So I had a very serious talk with my husband and the next day we joined our local gym. We both worked out everyday, sometimes two and three times a day for a year and I lost down to 189 pounds and he went from 280 pounds down to 185 pounds (men, pfft). Then it happened - I fell in my backyard and injured my back - slipped and herniated discs.. yuck! I was totally out of commission for all of 2011 and the first several months of 2012. During that time, with little to no gym, having to limit my activity I gained back up to 219 pounds, again.. wth. So I started back to watching what I was eating and walking my dogs and riding my bike with the intention of getting myself ready to hit the gym again and boom.. August 18th 3:10 am.. I got the most horrible heart wrenching call from my Mom. My best friend.. younger brother, Jarred had been killed in a car accident, just 13 days days shy of his 27th birthday. I must say, my world literally crumbled down around me. Being the emotional eater I am.. weight dropped down a little and then shot back up to 225 pounds. I basically lost all motivation to do anything - getting out of bed became a challenge. Then I woke up one day week before last and decided - God does not close one door without opening another. I need to get back into gear - get to a healthy weight and work on starting my family. I want a child so badly but so wish my brother was still here - he loved kids.

So that is my story.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Tara and I'm 5'3" and 134lbs. I've always been active and thin. Gymnasts, dancer, cheerleader, aerobics instructor all the way through college.

Then around my mid 20's a lot of life dissappoints happened and I drowned them in food and got up to 180lbs. In 2010-2011 I got down to 136lbs. with portion control and exercise. I got married July 16, 2011 and then proceeded to put on 30lbs. of "love weight." :blushing: I joined MFP this spring and I'm now down to 134 and trying to get to my goal weight of 130lbs. and then lower my BF%. These last 4 lbs. have been hell to lose. It's so hard being short and trying to get a high burn when you get close to your goal weight. Very frustrating. I need a lot of support.

I enjoy running, triathlons, weight lifting, and dancing as my forms of exercise. I eat pretty much what I want, as long as it fits my calorie goals.

I'm currently finishing week 5 of Insanity and afterwards I have a half marathon in January. My husband and I don't have any children. We just enjoy each other, travelling, movies,and sports. That's about it for me.

:flowerforyou:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    BTW, the logo for this group is super cute! It caught my attention.
    Why thank you! I liked it :] *keeps reading comments* Lol. Welcome to the group :] I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mommy
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Squid. I'm 21, 5' 3.5" and as of putting my name on the spreadsheet, the heaviest person here. I'm California born and raised but currently on the East Coast for university. I'm an art major, which is why my icon isn't a photo. xD

The reason I want to lose weight is mostly because I would like to avoid the diabetes that runs in my family, but also because I've been fat all my life. I want a chance to feel beautiful for once!
    Oh Squid I am sure we have seen heavier on MFP! :] Don't ever feel weird. I always say overweight is overweight, if it is 10lbs of 100lbs, it is the same issue. You are no more accountable than any other person. I seriously tried, but I have to ask, is your real name squid? lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Cait, 5'4" 3/4s (I know us shorties like to count every little bit) here. I just got out of a 3 yr relationship where I packed on 20 pounds, so I'm trying to lose that and a bit more hopefully! I have lost 6 pounds so far, looking to lose 20-30 more.

Can I just say that took a Les Mills Body Pump on Tues morning and I am STILL sore today omg. Anyway, I hope we can all become good friends and support each other! :)
    I worked out Wednesday and walked 37lbs of groceries home yesterday and all of my muscles ache like I fell down 5 flights of stairs today. Lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry for intruding on this group :P

but haha, im fairly new here. I'm a nice and tall 5'2" :)

feel free to friend me!!
    You're not intruding! You're very welcome here and so is anyone else who needs help and people to relate to :]
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hello all! :flowerforyou:

I'm 22 and 5'2"....i started this journey at 197lbs and now weigh 168! I have about 30-35lbs left to lose until I reach my goal of being between 130 and 135. It has taken me almost a year to lose the 29lbs and I look forward to share this experience with other fun sized people like myself :drinker:
    WOO I started around 191 (after second baby, but I usually count from 185 before him) and I'm 168 too! I have 41lbs left to lose for my goal weight unless I am 100% happy before I reach it
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Tara and I'm 5'3" and 134lbs. I've always been active and thin. Gymnasts, dancer, cheerleader, aerobics instructor all the way through college.

Then around my mid 20's a lot of life dissappoints happened and I drowned them in food and got up to 180lbs. In 2010-2011 I got down to 136lbs. with portion control and exercise. I got married July 16, 2011 and then proceeded to put on 30lbs. of "love weight." :blushing: I joined MFP this spring and I'm now down to 134 and trying to get to my goal weight of 130lbs. and then lower my BF%. These last 4 lbs. have been hell to lose. It's so hard being short and trying to get a high burn when you get close to your goal weight. Very frustrating. I need a lot of support.

I enjoy running, triathlons, weight lifting, and dancing as my forms of exercise. I eat pretty much what I want, as long as it fits my calorie goals.

I'm currently finishing week 5 of Insanity and afterwards I have a half marathon in January. My husband and I don't have any children. We just enjoy each other, travelling, movies,and sports. That's about it for me.

:flowerforyou:

My anniversary is July 19, 2011! :]
  • Verity1111
    Options
    OKAY so I didnt reply to everyone but Im tired now LOL so WELCOME EVERYONE and I have one more thing to directly comment to but thank everyone so much for being here and feel free to make threads on here all you want and post as long as they're respectful.
    Well.. here I am..
    My name is Miranda and I'm 5'4.. currently weighing in at 216 pounds as of this morning. Starting weight was somewhere around 255 pounds, so I feel like I've come pretty far considering my story....

I mentioned in a post before weight has always been a struggle for me. I'm certainly an emotional eater and it shows on the scale. My weight loss battle has been difficult for the most part. I've lost weight in the past and watched it pile right back on. I started here on MFP back in 2010 weighing in at 255 pounds.. seriously, wth. I can't believe I let myself become such a mess. My doctor diagnosed me with PCOS and told me I couldn't even think of having children if I didn't start by losing at least 50 pounds, not to mention she also wanted to put me on meds for high blood pressure. So I had a very serious talk with my husband and the next day we joined our local gym. We both worked out everyday, sometimes two and three times a day for a year and I lost down to 189 pounds and he went from 280 pounds down to 185 pounds (men, pfft). Then it happened - I fell in my backyard and injured my back - slipped and herniated discs.. yuck! I was totally out of commission for all of 2011 and the first several months of 2012. During that time, with little to no gym, having to limit my activity I gained back up to 219 pounds, again.. wth. So I started back to watching what I was eating and walking my dogs and riding my bike with the intention of getting myself ready to hit the gym again and boom.. August 18th 3:10 am.. I got the most horrible heart wrenching call from my Mom. My best friend.. younger brother, Jarred had been killed in a car accident, just 13 days days shy of his 27th birthday. I must say, my world literally crumbled down around me. Being the emotional eater I am.. weight dropped down a little and then shot back up to 225 pounds. I basically lost all motivation to do anything - getting out of bed became a challenge. Then I woke up one day week before last and decided - God does not close one door without opening another. I need to get back into gear - get to a healthy weight and work on starting my family. I want a child so badly but so wish my brother was still here - he loved kids.

So that is my story.

I'm sorry to hear you have went through so much, but I bet he would be proud of you and you can dedicate all your hard work to him when you reach your goals someday. xoxo Just keep your head up and look at the path in front of you!
  • esutka
    esutka Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm Erin and I am 5'3" and weigh around 135lbs. I have 5 children ranging in ages from 15 - 3. My hubs and I have been married for 16 years, we run our own business ( with partners) from home and homeschool our 6 year old. We are so busy with the five kids and business that we put ourselves last and as we are now getting older it is catching up with us ;). We started running back in march to get healthy and when we hadn't lost any weight by August we renewed our gym membership and just recently hired one of the trainers to help us. Its so difficult for me to lose weight and know what to eat, especially being so busy all the time. We are working out at night and not sleeping much :/ I hope to find and give support here to fellow shorties :)
  • karjea
    karjea Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi shorties,
    I'm 5'3 and a half (you got to add that half) lol. :laugh: My weight has always been a struggle for me, and I don't really have anyone near me who I can talk to when it comes to healthy eating. so hopefully joining this group we can talk about food and get some encouragements. :)
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I pray you both find the support and information you need to succeed. :]
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm another short mama! I'm 32 years old, 5'4" and before tomorrow's weigh-in 177 lbs (I started at 190). My goal is to get down to 130-140 lbs. I look forward to "talking" with you all soon. :)
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oh hey there. 5'4" and 132 lbs as of last Monday. I just gave birth to an awesome baby girl 3 weeks ago and I'm looking to lose the pregnancy fat and get physically fit once I get the OK from my doctor. I gained 31 lbs in my 41 weeks of pregnancy and have lost 16 thus far, but my body type has really changed. I don't know if my new found hips and breasts will stick around (or if I would even want them to), but in the meantime, I need to figure out how to dress and work with my new body shape.

The calories are a bit of a challenge as I need to make sure I take in enough for breastfeeding but still have deficit for weight loss.
    Goal is 115, but I am cool to go higher(120) once I am hardcore lifting again.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    @ Brandi1168 Our start and goals are similar :] Welcome!

@ DorkothyParke Welcome to the group! So are all of your pictures post baby? If so wow you have a very small frame :] I would not wonder why you would feel weird with a few extra pounds because I am the opposite. I have a large frame and I'm scared to be under 125 (even that freaks me out so my ultimate goal is 127, or higher if I want to stop lol). I actually dieted-ish while I breastfed so if you want some help let me know! I linked to some breastfeeding calorie calculators after this, so maybe use that as a starting point and only take off a bit of calories from it. I think I ate 1600-1800 or so, but I am larger than you, yet I also did not breastfeed exclusively. We used bottles to supplement.

http://www.dietitian.com/calcbody.php

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/breastfeeding_calorie_calculator.htm