Check-in for October Week 4 (Mo 10/22 - Su 10/28

Options

Replies

• Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    shellyb2012 said

Just stopping in to say "hi" to Cooriander and all the runners in this group! I enjoyed challenging myself to set and meet goals this past spring and summer, but had to stop running due to a degenerative hip :sad: I've really missed this forum/group!

On a positive note, I had a total right hip replacement last week (10.17.12) and was able to walk 3 miles today on my own. Nothing speedy, but I'll take 3 miles in an hour over nothing! :wink: My next challenge is to walk the 8 Tuff Miles race on St. Thomas USVI with my daughter in February - already have my race number and plane ticket - woohoo! After that, I should be ready to begin to ease back into running. Since I was never a fast runner, I am not worried about being able to run with speed again - just being able to run several miles at a time will be a miracle! I had my left hip replaced 4.5 years ago so now I'll be running on two bionic hips - LOL!

In case you are wondering, I was born with hip dysplasia so eventually would have had hip problems whether I ran or not ... so thankful I chose running!

Keep up the good work group! I'm going to keep walking and dreaming of the day when I can join you on the "spreadsheet" again! :heart:

Shelly

"Who would want to live on this earth and not run on it?" - an African proverb

AWWW so nice to hear from you!!! I have been thinking of you (: and wondering about your surgery. So happy to hear it went well :flowerforyou: and congrats on making 3 miles!! that is awesome and so soon after surgery - so good news :happy:

CANT wait for you to join us again :flowerforyou:

heal well!!! AND best wishes for a speedy recovery! :heart:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    LooptLou25 said:

Still no running for me due to the ongoing hip issue, hope to be back on gentle running by the beginning of November! Have a 5k 17th November & 10k 2nd Dec so need to get back soon!

Thanks for the update - and good to have targets races. that helps me being motivated.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Check :drinker: almost end of October.
  • danimal5867
    Options
    Funny, I just noticed that I've been dating my runs as September. How could I be an entire month behind.

October 23 - 5.17 (new PB 5K 27:51; down from 28:54)
    October 24 - 2.47
    October 26 - 3.28

WTD - 10.92
    MTD - 42.01
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    26 Oct 4.7 miles

WTD 15.7
    MTD 62.2 miles

Ticker Updated

exercise.png
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    3 miles to be at 83 1/2 :)
  • trogers802
    trogers802 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    7 miles today
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    10/27/12

Did the Virginia Beach Wicked 10K today. Windy 1st day of a stormy few days. Awesome day to run though. Ran my best time. 6.28miles was what Mr Garmin said it turned out to be. Total to date is around 62 according to the spread sheet.

Thanks Coori,
    Dan
  • retemirabile
    retemirabile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    WTD 8 MTD 80 Thank you!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    YAY! 3.1 miles of Halloween parkrun today. I reached my October target wearing bat deelyboppers!

exercise.png
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Today's running miles (Sat. Oct. 27) 7.16 miles

Total Running miles: 97.82 miles
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Hi,
    Struggled with a strained hip flexor the last 2 weeks but got in my long run today!
    WTD- 23.4
    MTD-118.1
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    28 Oct 2.5 miles
    WTD 18.2
    MTD 64.7 miles

Ticker Updated

exercise.png
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    8 soggy miles today...

exercise.png
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    10/28

8.3 miles cold and wet loved it!!

exercise.png
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    3 miles this morning for 86 1/2. Have an awesome day my running bud's :)
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    15 miles this week and a zombie 5K in tropical storm conditions!!!!
  • twinkle77toes
    Options
    Great South Run today :) Another 10 miles to the week

22.62 miles this week....
    83.11 miles in total for October so far.... though my calves are feeling a bit tight so only a few more miles I expect to be logged this month :)

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Options
    DantheMan2517 said:

10/27/12

Did the Virginia Beach Wicked 10K today. Windy 1st day of a stormy few days. Awesome day to run though. Ran my best time. 6.28miles was what Mr Garmin said it turned out to be. Total to date is around 62 according to the spread sheet.

Thanks Coori,
    Dan

Dan, CONGRATS on your PR!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Check :tongue: