Yo yo weight

Options
I am so frustrated. I have been working so hard for so long to get past the 10lb mark. I fluctuate between 4-8lbs. I take my thyroid meds, I started eating gluten free / soy free. I sold my car to increase my exercise.

I think I'm not eating enough calories and my body is holding on to it; like it's in starvation mode. I feel hungry and weak, so I increased my calories hoping that will help. Guess I need to wait for those changes to have a chance before I try anything else. I'm just so frustrated. I have been fighting this thyroid problem for 3 years. I just can't seem to get a handle on it.

Anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• oneill31
    Options
    I have just been diagnosed with under-active thyroid so am starting to know what you're talking about! its so hard when you just cant get rid of the extra weight! I have been feeling super frustrated because I have been dieting along with a friend, and although I seem to be the one doing the most work, I exercise 2 days more than her a week, and am eating less calories, but shes the one loosing the weight and i havent seen any results at all :(

Although its frustrating I think its important to just stick with it! in my opinion you were right to up your calories a little, especially when you had been feeling so weak! Stick with the extra calories for a couple of weeks and see how you are feeling! Maybe if your feeling your consuming too many calories you could work out a little more, even an extra 10 mins!

I hope this helps and good luck with your weight loss :)
  • gottaTuscany
    gottaTuscany Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Adrenal Fatigue for a while now. Some time ago, I couldn't get off the couch. Literally, I was so drained. The worst fatigue I've ever had. I am finally past that point. Not that the fatigue doesn't still hit me, it will. Especially, if I'm stressed.

I've been told to eat at least 6 small meals a day. With an under-active thyroid, the more often you eat, it will kickstart metabolism. It is so hard to remember to eat that often. I think my snacks have to have a better balance of protein and sugar (healthy).

Are you eating more often in a day? It is supposed to help. I haven't been very good at focusing on it in the past, so this is the first time I have really made an effort. I don't know after 11 days if there is anything to notice, but I'll stick with it. If you haven't increased your meals and decide to try it, let me know how it's going for you. :)
  • lizzyriver
    lizzyriver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello- I feel your frustration too. I have Graves and Hashimotos. I also have a 5 lb yo yo. I try hard for a few months and then stop- because it does not seem to make a difference, my weight does not change- It does not increase either- so for that i am thankful! I am trying to eat better, cleaner, more balanced. Have better sleep habits. I also was recommended to eat more often and not to go long periods without eating. I was having palpitations, my dr told me to eat a few teaspoons of cottage cheese every 4 hours. That did help the palpitations. I would up your calories a bit a see. Hope you feel better!
  • lisaann1061
    lisaann1061 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's also. It is SO hard to lose weight and ten pounds can creep up on me so fast! I always think " if my friends worked out even half as much as I do..."
    I have found that eating every couple hours really helps keep when trying to lose and I also feel better. I find that when I sit down and have an actual lunch instead of eating little every couple hours I feel more bloated and tired.