Best Medifast Advice?

Options
I've got 1.5 pounds to go to meet goal of 50 pounds. Then on top of that I want to lose 5 more. Losing "the last 5 pounds" have been the hardest for me. I'm tired of eating bars, I'm jealous of my family eating whatever they want, I'm sick of my friends asking about my progress and me giving them the same answer of "a few more to go". I need some good reminders and helpful hints. Sooo.....

What is the best Medifast advice that has helped you?

Replies

• littleredjd
    Options
    I'm doing detox this week because I, too, am sick of the last 5 pounds and just want to be done with Medifast. The food is fine, I'm just sick of eating it if I am not going to steadily lose. I added in one serving of fresh fruit a day and that really helped kick start me again, I lost 2 more pounds, but then sort of plateaued again. So my counselor suggested I do a detox week. I was hesitant to do it because the lemonade mixture (pure lemon juice, maple syrup, water) gave me such a gag reflex last time I did it. She surprised me when she said, "no problem, let me give you information on doing an apple juice cleanse instead." If you want more info, let me know, I'm happy to share.
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I know! I am super bored of Medifast. It's been like forever and a day since I've been eating their boring food. Now that I'm getting closer to goal the losses are tiny each week. My family is frustrated since I said I'd be done by September, which became November, which is now maybe sometime next year.

Surely someone here is a total success story and can chime in with some great advice?
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just tell them that you've decided not to eat ever again, you think you might just live on air and water, and then start biting your nails.

Honestly, i don't know why people (family,friends) get so involved when you're close to your goal weight, you'd think they'd be happy for you.

But I was so over the food too....just DON'T go off without the transition plan - I did (went on vacation and then just never got back on because - jerk sauce tastes too good, and sickness and just not ever wanting to eat another bar again ever).

Anyway, one friend seems to have met her goal weight, she might know. her user name is varnerific if you want to ping her.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If u r down to your last 5 lbs go ahead into Transition the extra cals and increase in exercise will jump your body plenty of people lose weight while in Transitions and Maintenance too;)
  • littleredjd
    Options
    I started eating fruit a couple times a week in addition to my otherwise strict 5&1 plan and, tada, I started losing again. But I got rid of the last 5 doing detox. If you want the detox packet of info I got from my Medifast Center, PM your email addy and I will send it to you.