Am I JUDDDing right?

Options
I'm SO confused...
Am i doing this right? Here's my basic eating plan:

Monday 3pm - Tuesday 3pm:
-I eat basically what i want, when i want, within reason (mostly...I have a tendency to binge - but not intentionally). I have a goal to stay below maintenance.

Tuesday 3pm - Wednesday 3pm:
-I eat no more than 500 calories spread throughout the day.

You get the picture....
Is this right or should there be a full fasting day in there somewhere?

Replies

• sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    JUDDD is most successful doing the full day, as it results in minimal calories ove a 36 hour period, not 24. Also, depending on how much you have to lose your DD cal might be too high (as mine were). The recomended at my weight is around 350 cal, but I do around 400 and am seeing results. The book states that the DD cal being right are more important than your UD cal. Restricting the DD calories turns on your 'sirt1 fat burner" that stays in play on your UD too as long as you keep up the rotations. Hope this helps.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    JUDDD is most successful doing the full day, as it results in minimal calories ove a 36 hour period, not 24. Also, depending on how much you have to lose your DD cal might be too high (as mine were). The recomended at my weight is around 350 cal, but I do around 400 and am seeing results. The book states that the DD cal being right are more important than your UD cal. Restricting the DD calories turns on your 'sirt1 fat burner" that stays in play on your UD too as long as you keep up the rotations. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the response! My DD cals are too high. I struggle to only eat 314 but ill do it right this week!
    I do 24 hours because of my sleep pattern - i have nights where i don't sleep or only get an hour.
    Should i fix up my schedule to ensure a 36 hour DD?
    Also is it the same for an UD or should the UD be shorter - as in 12 hours?
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Your down day should run from the end of your dinner on your up day to breakfast on the following up day (approx 36 hours). Your Up Day should run just during your eating hours on that day (approx. 12 hours). Keep in mind, you have 2 night's sleep in there, so your DD, while 36 hours, isn't 36 hours of being awake. I don't think you'll get the same benefits or weight loss with 24 hour schedules.