My personal Blog on Type 2

Options
Aussielooser
Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
Hi Everyone,
If anyone is interested I have my own personal blog on my type 2 would love you to take a look and let me know what you think...You may have to copy and paste the link..

http://shellanddiabetes.wordpress.com/

Replies

• Jacquis59
    Options
    Definitely interested!!!!
  • Jacquis59
    Options
    Shell....a lot of things factor into your numbers being high and stress is definitely one of them.

When you say high, how high is high? What has your fasting been?
  • Aussielooser
    Options
    Hi, Jacquis :smile:

My fasting is normally around 5-6 but the last couple of mornings it has been at 7 or a little more and some people would say that's not bad but to me it is- Yes my stress levels I am sure play apart in it but I have come to accept that is who I am as my son has a couple of chronic illness (I wont go into it all) and I have realized I am a person who strives to do well in what ever I put my mind to it took me awhile to work this out and when I was diagnosed I was devastated like I am sure we all are when we first here the news. The day I found out as you have read in my blog I took the bull by the horns so to speak and thought this is not going to beat me.

I hope you enjoyed my blog :smile:

Thanks for reading it :flowerforyou:
  • Jacquis59
    Options
    Hi Shell,

Devestated wasn't the word for it. I was stunned and in total denial for about two months. I went through the whole "this isn't fair" thing and then the guy I was dating took control and forced me to eat right, walk, etc.

I know what you mean about your fasting needing to be low for your own peace of mind. I'm the same way. It frustrates me SO much if I'm out of whack.

I did enjoy your blog! I bookmarked it and will continue to read it as you move through your journey. :)
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I stopped by your blog. Very nice.

I think journaling abou the experience is helpful. It allows you to consider "everything" that is occurring and how it is impacting you. Plus, you could also take the journal to your healtcare provider and discuss your own observations about stress, anxiety, impact of meds, etc as you tweek what will work best for you.

Dee
  • Caroleann57
    Caroleann57 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I only read the roller coaster post, but it was really good and interesting. I'm prediabetic, but also having unpredictable readings. I'll go back to read more when I have time. I'm at work now.
  • Aussielooser
    Options
    Thank you both for reading my blog- I will be adding a lot more to it as I go along and Dee thanks so much for commenting on my blog!... It really is therapeutic for me to do and I tend to write everything down so I can see what and where I am going.

Again thanks so much :flowerforyou: