Does anyone here ride bicycles

Options
Hi I was wondering if anyone here road bikes either stationary or outside?

R u keeping a log of your rides- distance, how u felt, speed, ODO., length of time riding.

RaNae

Replies

• garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    i ride almost every day . I mostly go for time instead of distance. I try to keep it at 30 minutes . Now that its been getting cold in the afternoons, i've been going to the gym and ride a stationary bike, but nothing beats the open air. I find it a great way to distact myself from the work day.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    So glad there is another rider here I am loving it I read a quote from Patrick Dempsy (dr. McDreamy) recently he said riding his bike is like meditation in motion I thought that was so cool and so true. I love where my mind takes me when I ride.

At the gym is it an upright or recumbent u ride I like the recumbent myself
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi I use a stationary bike...sort of keep records...doing about 30mins at a time now...try and vary time v resistance...need to work out a little programme to make sure I push myself enough...what sort of programme do you have?
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    Hi I use a stationary bike...sort of keep records...doing about 30mins at a time now...try and vary time v resistance...need to work out a little programme to make sure I push myself enough...what sort of programme do you have?

Hi there girlfriend my super great husband got my 18 year old bike working did all the updated maitenance on it I am riding it in my subdivision outside Right now my goal is to go over 4 miles and 45 minutes today I got up to 38 minutes and 3.81 miles. I have wind as resistance and small rises in our roads that at 343lbs are like mountains for me lol but I love riding.

I am using a tracking log app on the computer to keep track of my progress
    some days I don't have the energy or time to go past 15 minutes but progress always comes.

get you a lil paper notebook and log your distance and time and reistance and how you felt it will be cool to look back on it.

I would love to go on a riding tour of England some day.

RaNae
    Luznit 1 Meal, 1 Snack, 1 Logged Calorie, 1 day at a time
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just ride a recumbent bike at home, and I go for time rather than distance too. I usually go for about 30 minutes, however, if I notice that I'm getting close to finishing a mile I complete it. Right now, my best is 6.3 miles in 30 minutes. I know it's not much, but I'm proud of it...I don't keep log of it besides here on MFP.
  • ladyrhyanon
    Options
    I want to ride a bicycle but my balance isn't good at all. I have been trying to find a tricycle but they are expensive so trying to find a used one. My husband likes to bike so it would be something that we can do together.
  • mightdomightnot
    Options
    yes ...I must start keeping notes...we'll have to compare progress as we go along :) you know it rains a lot here don't you!!
  • mightdomightnot
    Options
    sorry i pressed the wrong button! my reply to this is above!

Kat
  • mightdomightnot
    Options
    urgghhh no it's not...i'm completely messing things up around here aren't I?? !!
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    yes ...I must start keeping notes...we'll have to compare progress as we go along :) you know it rains a lot here don't you!!

LOL yes it rains there a lot lol u r to cute and funny.

It would be cool to share progress on the bike in a dedicated thread.
    RaNae
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    Hi! I just ride a recumbent bike at home, and I go for time rather than distance too. I usually go for about 30 minutes, however, if I notice that I'm getting close to finishing a mile I complete it. Right now, my best is 6.3 miles in 30 minutes. I know it's not much, but I'm proud of it...I don't keep log of it besides here on MFP.

That is alot in 30 minutes it IS something you should be proud of kuddos!!
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I ride a stationary bike here at home a lot. I have only just started writing exercise notes in about intensity etc. Because I am to the point now I can hop on a go quite a while. I realized I wasn't really getting it to be intense enough, etc. So just yesterday I decided to start tracking some info.

As for a real bicycle, I haven't had one since I was under 200 pounds years ago. Right now I am 299.8. I would LOVE to buy a bike, but I am honestly afraid I would weigh too much for one??

I mentioned to my husband that when I make 250, I would like to consider buying one. I reckon at that point I might not squish one quite as badly? I really don't know what weight limits actual bikes have.

I am glad you brought this up....
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    I want to ride a bicycle but my balance isn't good at all. I have been trying to find a tricycle but they are expensive so trying to find a used one. My husband likes to bike so it would be something that we can do together.

There is a resale shop in Denton called Sprokets (sp?) they sell used bikes we have never been there but that might be a place to check for a tryc.

RaNae
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    I ride a stationary bike here at home a lot. I have only just started writing exercise notes in about intensity etc. Because I am to the point now I can hop on a go quite a while. I realized I wasn't really getting it to be intense enough, etc. So just yesterday I decided to start tracking some info.

As for a real bicycle, I haven't had one since I was under 200 pounds years ago. Right now I am 299.8. I would LOVE to buy a bike, but I am honestly afraid I would weigh too much for one??

I mentioned to my husband that when I make 250, I would like to consider buying one. I reckon at that point I might not squish one quite as badly? I really don't know what weight limits actual bikes have.

I am glad you brought this up....

Well I am glad you replied I am 343 now but my bike is 18 years old and steel I haven't broken it :-)
    I bet you will enjoy keeping a journal- that way you can gain insight and motivation to push yourself farther... and together we can encourage each other.
    Nice to meet everyone who rides.
    RaNae