What's the hardest thing for you to cut back on?

Options

Replies

• Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I am so thankful you pointed me in this direction. I was able to find it here in my town at Anytime Fitness. They had both regular and chocolate so I got one of each. I made one serving of the chocolate up and I actually liked it plain. So far no one else in my family cares for it but that just means more for me :) I'm so looking foward to trying it in different ways. Again thank you!
    [/quote]

You're welcome and I'm glad you like it. I sometimes mix the two together. I have a scale so I'll measure out 12 grams of the plain and 6 grams of the chocolate and mix.
    My husband didn't care for it the first taste either, but he's willing to try it again and change over since there is so much less fat and calories.
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Starchy carbs, particularly mashed or baked potatoes or noodles with any sort of creamy or cheesy sauce. These are mostly just things that I never eat anymore, because once I start on them I have an awful time stopping. I might be able to eat baked potato if I just baked a single little bitty one and put only light sour cream and chives on it... it's sort of self-limiting... there is no pot to go back to. But a bowl of mashed potatoes? I'd better not have even a taste. I can resist it so long as I don't take that first bite. I would also likely not want to find myself in the house with a fresh loaf of sourdough bread and a stick of butter. Swapping something that tastes similar or satisfies a craving with a healthier, or lower calorie, or portion limited food for the things I would tend to go bonkers on has been my best strategy.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet! I'm a sugarholic. I took all sweets out of my house when I changed my eating habits to lose this weight and start a healthy lifestyle. I still buy sweets for my husband, but I have not baked since quitting sugar. I did try some sugar free recipes (sweetened with fruit and fruit juices). Nasty! But I keep trying. LOL Fruits are my new sugar. Thanksgiving is coming up and I know i will have to bake. We'll see how I do.

What Judy said exactly.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I really need to cut out bread. Not carbs per se, but BREAD. I eat bread with everything; white bread. I love sandwiches. So far, I have managed to only eat bread once or twice a week. It severely limits my food choices (especially for lunch) as I am so picky. Not to mention, I have to actually work at eating 1300 cal/day.

I don't like the flavor of wheat bread. I don't need all the grains. I'm rambling. Probably due to lack of bread.
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and wine. I have finally adjusted by having one square of very dark chocolate after dinner every day (and logging it faithfully). As for the wine, I managed to wean myself off of it by having a glass of alcohol-free wine with dinner, but then I discovered that it is extremely high in carbohydrates compared to the alcoholic version, so now I have begun to limit myself to one 5-oz. glass of the real thing with dinner. So far, so good...
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Wow this time of year I am struggling with wanting to make rich comfort foods. Luje casseroles, Shephards pie etc, also love egg nog lattes, love a good steak the kind grilled with mushrooms & onions, My favorite is chinese food must avoid buffets, halloween candy its salt water taffy, snickers, almond joys, turtles etc.
  • 4thoseiluv
    4thoseiluv Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bread (any kind) and cheese (especially extra old cheddar)... :ohwell:

Deborah:flowerforyou:
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with bread and potatoes, and cheese, and brownies... wow, more than I thought! It is so much easier now that it is just me in the house, don't have to have all that stuff here. I do eat my potatoes with dinner, try to switch up with sweet potatoes, but still crave reg baked potatoes, with real butter. I can't make spaghetti anymore, have no control and eat way too much, I have to get the frozen portion sizes if I want it. I still have all my foods, I just count them in my daily macros. BUT, I try not to have large portions and have them all the time. I have found that if I eat my salad and fish throughout the week for lunch and dinner that on weekends, when things are not always so planned, it's ok. I'm not losing weight fast, but it is coming off and I am learning how to live with this way of eating :-).

Am a little nervous about my son coming home from college for winter break! I always feel like I don't have enough food in the house and have to constantly cook and overcompensate. Am so looking forward to seeing him but it's hard food wise, have to restock kitchen...
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. I really like an adult beverage. But the first one always leads to the second, which inevitably leads to some stupid snacking, which leads to another beverage -- argh! Terrible vicious cycle. I'm better off just not drinking, which just seems such a shame ... Sigh.
  • ladylemoncurd
    Options
    What Meg said above. Wine is my downfall so am not drinking at all, at home. I miss it though, an ice cold rose on an evening but that then leads to the crisps and the peanuts etc and I've hardly lost any weight for 3 weeks now.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Wine, Cheese, Bread, Butter, crisps......anything savoury and fits in my mouth :(
  • RunswithFred
    RunswithFred Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Freshly baked bread, cheese, some candies. If there are chips in the house, they will call out to me to come and get them. I guess I am more of a savory person. I just try not to have these things in the house. Bread is frozen and we defrost slices as we need them. But fresh bread and margarine or butter and some 8 year old white cheddar, that's the worst for me.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Baking!! I just finished making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for the kids. I don't eat the finished product, but I probably eat 2 or 3 muffins worth of batter. I can't help myself. It makes me not want to bake, but I love baking and I love giving my kids treats that are clean eating and home made.

Just this time I thought to myself, if I chew gum while I bake, I probably wouldn't eat as much... maybe...
    I agree-baking especially at this time of year, so I am thinking (actually going to) bake for the men and women in uniform-I can get some address's and this would quiet our inner bakers and give to those who give so very much to us-what say you Ladies Who Lunch?
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. I really like an adult beverage. But the first one always leads to the second, which inevitably leads to some stupid snacking, which leads to another beverage -- argh! Terrible vicious cycle. I'm better off just not drinking, which just seems such a shame ... Sigh.

Yes, this for me too. I have been drinking the alcohol but I have tried really hard to cut back because it inevitably leads to my other great tempation, crisps, or potato chips as the people in the US call them. Cheese is the last item I've really had to cut down on, but I'm still able to have it as it is one of my main sources of protein.
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Honestly, grains. I make incredible desserts and homemade pastas, but my kids are incredibly fussy and nobody is a big pie or cake eater but me. Thank goodness I can bake and take food to work, but it is sooo hard not to make and taste things, especially with the holidays coming. I have had to start by completely eliminating grains from my diet and most carbs except oatmeal or it's an automatic fail for me. *SIGH*
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with bread and potatoes, and cheese, and brownies... wow, more than I thought! It is so much easier now that it is just me in the house, don't have to have all that stuff here. I do eat my potatoes with dinner, try to switch up with sweet potatoes, but still crave reg baked potatoes, with real butter. I can't make spaghetti anymore, have no control and eat way too much, I have to get the frozen portion sizes if I want it. I still have all my foods, I just count them in my daily macros. BUT, I try not to have large portions and have them all the time. I have found that if I eat my salad and fish throughout the week for lunch and dinner that on weekends, when things are not always so planned, it's ok. I'm not losing weight fast, but it is coming off and I am learning how to live with this way of eating :-).

Am a little nervous about my son coming home from college for winter break! I always feel like I don't have enough food in the house and have to constantly cook and overcompensate. Am so looking forward to seeing him but it's hard food wise, have to restock kitchen...

I totally get that. It's one thing when you can control what comes in but when there are others present... Can you make things he loves but you do not? I don't like sugar cookies, but the kids do. Or I package the dessert as soon as I make it into portions and say they are not for me to take because it would be "stealing" from them.
  • claramay66
    claramay66 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be sweets but it has been the pasta and cheese. I did not realize how much bread I eat till I started this journey.
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    3 things: Diet Dr. Pepper, chocolate, and Mac and cheese.:frown:
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wine! I am surrounded by it!!! So I just don't drink at all M-F.
    I have found it's easier to simply cut it out completely during the week, because then I am better about the rest of my diet as well.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Definitely sweets. I'm a firm believer you should eat dessert first then if there's any room left eat food. I'M BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!