VSG Foods / Recipes

Options
actg95
actg95 Posts: 85 Member
Hi everyone! I have a mission to make a VSG Recipe Booklet of sorts to help out people that are either new to the VSG or are bored with their current eating routine. I did not post this under normal "recipes", since I think our needs are a little different. If you would be so kind to help out, please respond or inbox me with your favorite recipes, tips and so forth. If I can get this to work out, maybe it is something I can get posted on this site. At the very least, we can help our brothers and sisters that join in the game of weight loss!

Thanks everyone,
Melanie

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't eat anything different than I did before, just smaller portions.

Clarification: I try not to eat junk food, but it slips in! (Still in smaller portions though.)
  • ashwarren21
    ashwarren21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to eat since surgery has to be chili. Full or protein and fiber.
  • this is not a recipe - but Franks Red Hot makes chicken fries - the serving size is small - but perfect for a VSGer
    they are low in calories, carbs arent to bad and high protein
    you can buy them at your local Walmart.

my rule that I try to stick to is..... more protein then carbs.
  • C_Coughenour
    C_Coughenour Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1 can of canned chunk chicken
    1 tbs of light mayo / dressing
    2 tbs of Greek yogurt
    Blue cheese or feta cheese crumbles (I use about a TBS but it's up to you)
    A few dashes or Franks Red Hot (as much as you can stand)
    Mix it all together.
    I ate this during the pureed stage and soft food stages too. Just blend if necessary.

Oh I cannot take credit for this recipe. I found it on another forum and cannot remember who posted it.
  • Buzzyi
    Buzzyi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Some favourites-

Chobani plain greek yoghurt with a small sachet of splenda and half a tsp of vanilla essence
    I often have beef jerky as a snack or meal on the run - VERY filling.
    Small light babybel cheeses with La Mexicana roasted garlic salsa- yum! Very low carb
    Avocado and prawns with L/F mayo
    A "protein latte"- vanilla protein shake with a concentrated cooled decaf solution
    Small pieces of pumpkin on the BBQ with grilled blue cheese on top

- I have slid a little now and then with junk too but have got back on the horse.
  • Joolya57
    Options
    Today I made a great snack -- I used a 5.3 oz container of Dannon Oikos Nonfat Greek Yogurt, 2 packets of splenda, a tsp of pumpkin pie spice and a 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I mixed it all together and then at the last minute decided to put in 1/4 of a small honeycrisp apple diced up. It was so delicious!!

I have also taken a container container of Nonfat Greek Yogurt (not the large one, the smaller one) and added one packet of splenda, 3 tbsp sugar free cheesecake instant pudding and added some sugar free Polaner Strawberry fruit. It was fantastic.