Starting next week

Options
Whart0603
Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
Anybody still using this program? I just finished the book a few days ago and am going to start next week with the break in. Any advice or recommendations?

Replies

• Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    If you're new to lifting, like I am, check out videos of the exercises on youtube ahead of time. I don't think that the book does a great job of describing proper form.
  • Whart0603
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! I am new to lifting. The squat and deadlift I googled and seem to have the form down pretty good. I will make sure to do that for the other lifts as I advance.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I thought of something else. There's not really a program for beginners that just want to start putting on weight. If that's the case for you, then I suggest doing the hypertrophy programs, but when you get into hypertrophy II and III, don't bother changing up the tempo. Just keep it normal. At this point I would just focus on doing the exercises properly. I think the tempo change is really geared toward more intermediate lifters.
  • Whart0603
    Options
    Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. I feel like the break in program is a waste of time. I'm doing it, but other than the squats/deadlifts, I'm not getting much from the rest. might go into fat loss or straight to hypertrophy, haven't decided which yet.