Holiday Challenge! Who's interested?

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

Most of us have a love hate relationship with the holidays because of our weight issues and extremely falling off the wagon during this time of year. The idea behind a holiday challenge is to give us goals to work on and keep in mind, extra accountability of working on a long term challenge, and motivation needed to stay on track at the hardest time of year.

If we can get enough people on board we could have a couple of teams and compete against each other OR if it's the same handful we will compete as individuals.

Let me know who's in. The competition will start Monday November 5th thru Monday December 31st. There will be weekly challenges within the overall competition.

Oh and last but certainly not least Alana stayed in the green all week! Yay! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• penguinjlynn
    penguinjlynn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Definitely interested. My personal goal is 15 pounds by Christmas, anything to help me stay motivated to reach it.
  • HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would be interested as well.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Count me in for sure!
  • Wendy__D
    Wendy__D Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Interested! What would the challenge be specifically? Just most lbs dropped? Fitness goals?
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Not sure yet Wendy some of it will probably depend upon how many people we can get to participate. Right now I am thinking maybe a beginning weigh in (don't worry you won't have to share with everyone -- maybe a team captain if we do teams) and an ending weigh in and then weekly team goals (eating clean how many days, exercising minutes) and then bonus mini-challenges throughout the week. So I am hoping throughout this week we can get a good group of people rounded up so that way if people vanish during the holidays the whole board doesn't dry up.
  • dee_bee
    dee_bee Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm in. My goal was to have lost 20kg / 44lb by Christmas. I started my journey on 11 September, and am down 12.5kg / 28lb as of this morning, beginning of week 8. I have another 7.5kg / 16lb to go, with 8 weeks left.
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Id be intersted in joining as well..............
  • lissa0040
    Options
    We are getting a nice little group gathered. Hopefully we can rope in a few more and we can have a healthy competition! Whoo hooo!!! :smile:
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Count me in please! I need all the support I can get to make it through the holidays. My weight loss has not budged for the last month and I don't want to fall back. I joined WW so I can meet face to face and be more accountable.

I have missed you guys.
  • lissa0040
    Options
    ^^^^ YAY!! You're back! :happy:
  • roundtherink
    Options
    I'm interested as well! Just let me know what I need to do. Right now, my diary is closed. Not sure how this works, so if I need to open it, will do. :)
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ill join........
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey Mel, how is the holiday challenge shaping up? I am ready to kick it off. I have my yearly physical coming up in December and I really need to lose more before I see my dr. I would love to get 15 lbs off before the appointment. Any and all suggestions welcome!
    Thanks