Sweet Transvestite...

Options
gse313
gse313 Posts: 252 Member
... From Transsexual Transylvania.

Being we are days away from Halloween, I thought it the perfect time to raise one of the greatest Midnight Showing cult classics of all time... 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'

Who here has had their 'Cherry' popped properly as opposed to having only ever experienced 'Foreplay'?

How old and where were you the first time you experienced RHPS? Have you ever watched it in costume? Used the props? Been a member of the live cast?!?! Do you remember the lines for the Audience Participation?

I was introduced while working at the theater as a high school student back in 1990... Yes I have gone in Costume, brought the whole collection of props (newspaper, confetti / birdseed / rice, Squirt gun, day-old buttered toast, toilet paper), AND played Riff Raff in the live cast (I got drafted because I knew it and their Riff Raff didn't show).

Now.... Discuss!!

Replies

• Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Back in 1988-89 or so I was dragged to an odd show by this lady couple I was the safe guy for. (Yes they were and I was their 'prop'.) It was fantastic! We threw toast. We threw rice. We dressed outlandishly. We danced a very odd dance. ... I was dragged there almost every week that whole summer. Had a very wonderful time. Never got brought to the front though; wasn't quite good enough and there was no shortage of people who knew every line/move/etc.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was 14 years old, watched it in a friends basement.

Never been to the proper live showing but did get riproaringly drunk and went to a midnight Showing of it as a Science Fiction Convention (Archon STL). There were people there who had been part of the cast and they got the whole crowd involved. There is nothing greater than people dressed in Steampunk, Doctor Who, Nasgul and Ace Ventura doing the Time Warp.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm still a Rocky virgin. :blushing:
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Early 90's- was probably 14. Went a few times dressed as Magenta, but it always conflicted with going dancing or punk rock shows. Watched it again recently on the couch with a friend, and it is exponentially both better and worse than I remember.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    '90 Second year at college, so 19, just a few of us girls from the dorm went to a midnight showing in the Campus Center. I've never gone in costume and probably remember only a few of the answer lines 'cause sometimes my memory sucks, but i do remember I found it hysterically bad. Had to watch it again sometime later just to hear the actual movie, still just as funny and still just as bad.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    18 years old and a Freshman in College... (sighs longingly) oh what a great night that was...

My 2 daughters have never seen it. It is just about time to teach them to time warp
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've seen it 3 or 4 times, always in costume. I go as Columbia (gold coat version).
  • gse313
    Options
    I'm still a Rocky virgin. :blushing:

:noway:

We need to pop your cherry BIG TIME!!!! Don't worry, by the time we're done, you will be an "Unconventional Conventionist"!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC_DqtT6dO0

:devil:
    I've seen it 3 or 4 times, always in costume. I go as Columbia (gold coat version).

Be still my heart... only ever had 1 friend who would go in that costume... We ALWAYS had a blast!!
    Early 90's- was probably 14. Went a few times dressed as Magenta, but it always conflicted with going dancing or punk rock shows. Watched it again recently on the couch with a friend, and it is exponentially both better and worse than I remember.

Ok, so we have Riff Raff (Woof Woof), Columbia, and Magenta...
    We still need a Janet (Slut!), Brad (*kitten*!), Frank N. Ferter, Dr. Scott (Great Scott!!), Rocky, Eddie, The Narrator (F**k That Chin!!), Ralph Hapshat (Half Sh** (will travel)), and Betty Monroe... then we can do this up rite!!!

It's astounding, Time is fleeting, madness takes it's toll. But listen closely...
    ................................................ ^(One, Two)

Not for very much longer,

I've got to Keep Control.
    ................(Smoke A Bowel)
  • lilivortex
    lilivortex Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Saw for the first time when I was 16 in the theater at a midnight showing and fell in love. Spent the next two years attending every month until I learned all the jokes and one the week of my 18th birthday I played Columbia. I preformed with one of the Las Vegas cast for another two years playing either Columbia and Rocky.

Edit: Added photos of me onstage in 2006 as Columbia and Rocky to my profile.
  • DixieStarr76
    Options
    I've seen it a cajillion times but never in a theater of any kind. :sad: I used to beg my ex to go to the live shows, but he never would. I work quotes into everyday conversation more than I probably should...lol.
  • maeveslim
    maeveslim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I went when I was 18 with an ex-boyfriend and my best friend and her boyfriend. We both went as Janet, sexy undies and lab coats. Was an absolute blast and my boyfriend loved it or rather me as Janet!!! I know all the songs and had a rather frightening female friend who used to regularly make us dress up and act out the show, singing dancing etc. She was Frank n furter of course, ah good times :)
  • Rage4lightning
    Rage4lightning Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even tell you the first time I saw it. RHPS has just always been a part of my life. Sadly, I've only seen it in theatre once and that was about 3 years ago.

I went with my boyfriend who used to perform in it as either Columbia, Rocky, or Brad. That particular time, all he did was take part in the underwear run though. No props or costumes since we were on a trip visiting his parents and had had no idea RHPS was even going to be showing that weekend!
  • Bianca1972
    Bianca1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think I was in my late teens....some time in the early 90's the first time I saw RHPS.

The proper way -- at a Midnight show with people running through the aisles and throwing pop corn and "de-virginizing" the virgins. LOL
  • gse313
    Options
    I've seen it a cajillion times but never in a theater of any kind. :sad: I used to beg my ex to go to the live shows, but he never would. I work quotes into everyday conversation more than I probably should...lol.

Seems it is showing in Tampa (Bi-weekly Friday & Saturday 11:30), Orlando (Bi-weekly (2nd & 4th) Friday & Saturday 12:00), and St.Pete (every Saturday 11:30)
    I couldn't even tell you the first time I saw it. RHPS has just always been a part of my life. Sadly, I've only seen it in theatre once and that was about 3 years ago.

I went with my boyfriend who used to perform in it as either Columbia, Rocky, or Brad. That particular time, all he did was take part in the underwear run though. No props or costumes since we were on a trip visiting his parents and had had no idea RHPS was even going to be showing that weekend!

So MANY years of Foreplay until you FINALLY had your cherry popped 3 years ago... ABOUT FRACKIN' TIME!!! :drinker:

Your boyfriend played Columbia?!?! :noway: I've seen women play the guys roles such as Frank & Rocky before, but NEVER a guy playing Columbia or Magenta.... obviously it happens, this is just my first experience with it... wow. Oh well.... at least he popped your cherry properly!! lol

Ok... so here's the rules:

1) Don't throw *kitten* at the screen.... It's expensive!

2) Don't throw *kitten* at the cast... They bite!!

People in the front, Throw Back.

People in the back, Throw Front.

People in the middle, Throw up... but not on eachother....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5MHNvOVl8Y

(A long, long, time ago....

In a galaxy far, far, away...

God said "Let there be lips"....

And there were, and they were good....)

Michael Rennie was ill the day the earth stood still
    But he told us where we stand (On our feet)

And Flash Gordon was there in silver underwear
    Claude Raines was the invisible man (but he never showed up)
    Then something went wrong for Fay Wray and King Kong
    They got caught in a celluloid jam (a Sixty-Nine)
    Then at a deadly pace it came from (Where?) outer space (Thank You)
    And this is how the message ran:

Science Fiction - Double Feature
    Dr. X (and sex and sex and sex) will build a creature (Rocky Horror)
    See androids fighting (and f**king, and sucking on) Brad and Janet
    Anne Francis stars in (Deep throat on a) Forbidden Planet
    Oh-oh at the late night, double feature, picture show.

I knew Leo G. Carroll was over a barrel
    (........................................ F**kin' a barrel)
    When Tarantula took to the hills (Lick those lips)
    And I really got hot when I saw Janet Scott
    (................................................ Janet's crotch)
    Fight a Triffid that spits poison and kills (What the f**k's a Triffid?)
    Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes
    (................................................................ SH**S)
    And passing them used lots of skills (What Skills?)
    But when worlds collide(BOOM), said George Pal to his bride
    I'm gonna give you some terrible thrills, like a: (X-Ray)
    (....................................... Sexual thrills)

Science Fiction - Double Feature
    Dr. X (and sex and sex and sex) will build a creature (Rocky Horror)
    See androids fighting (and f**king, and sucking on) Brad and Janet
    Anne Francis stars in (Deep throat on a) Forbidden Planet
    Oh-oh at the late night, double feature, picture show.
    I wanna go (So Go), oh-oh, to the late night double feature picture show.
    By RKO (Radio Kontrolled Orgasm), oh-oh, to the late night double feature picture show.
    (Where's a good place to f**k?) In the back row (F**k the back row, F**k YOU, Front Row!!) to the late night double feature picture show.
  • Taimarra
    Options
    Oh man .. I first went in .. I wanna say 91-92? My best friends parents took us (I loved that family, lol) By '93 I was working as both Columbia/Magenta on a rotating basis at my local theater. Then I moved to Vegas for a bit and worked security at the Torrey Pines Cinema there for a few months. (That was an interesting mix .... RHPS every Fri/Sat alongside the midnight showing of Menace II Society. Not two crowds that should be mixing late at night!)

I haven't seen a live showing in probably 2 or 3 years. I moved to Portland and shortly thereafter found out that my same best friend whose parents had taken us when we were wee teenagers lived in the area, too. So she and I (along with her parents and two sisters) went out for an evening. I keep meaning to drag my boyfriend out for an evening of de-virginizing and public humiliation.
  • Rage4lightning
    Rage4lightning Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So MANY years of Foreplay until you FINALLY had your cherry popped 3 years ago... ABOUT FRACKIN' TIME!!! :drinker:

Your boyfriend played Columbia?!?! :noway: I've seen women play the guys roles such as Frank & Rocky before, but NEVER a guy playing Columbia or Magenta.... obviously it happens, this is just my first experience with it... wow. Oh well.... at least he popped your cherry properly!! lol

What can I say? The boyfriend is willing to take on anything anyone throws at him!

Also, he writes LARPs for a living so he's pretty special. :love:
  • gse313
    Options
    He sounds like he is DEFINATELY one of our geeks!! lol He's a keeper!!!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    think i was 15 when i first saw it at a friends house and then not too long after a big group of us went to see it live at the Bristol Hippodrome. We ALL dressed up! First time i went as Cloumbia and spent weeks sewing sequins onto a pair of hot pants!

Been to see it live 4 times in all-the once it was one of the big anniversarys and it featured the real Magenta from the film (Patricia Quinn!)!

Funnily enough, going to see it this January with a big group of steampunks!- steampunk RHS!

I've gone as Columbia each time-i have a strikingly similar pair of PJs and mickey mouse ears-but in January i plan on making a pair of Mickey mouse ears with my chaps laser cutters-and the ears will be cogs! lol!

i would advise anyone who likes/loves RHS to go and see it live as it is just brilliant! and dress up, you have to dress up cause you will stand out if you don't!
  • gse313
    Options
    Wonder how many OTHER members of our asylum have had their cherry popped?!?!?

Come Along my 'Unconventional Conventionists'....
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I actually went to my first RHPS movie night yesterday for Halloween!
    I went with three of my girlfriends and we all dressed as Magenta (as you can see in my profile picture)! :) I'd never seen the movie before that, but I thought it was pretty fun and had a great time.... I may have snacked on one of the props though ha ha. >__>