Hot, clammy, dizzy--any ideas?

Options
Retiredmom72
Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
After running errands with my friend, we were going to eat a little Chinese. I started with some mushrooms in a light brown sauce. All of a sudden, I got hot. I was sweating, dizzy, and just plain hot. Don't know what I looked like, but I scared quite a few people. Didn't feel like eating at all. They charged us FULL price and we left. After sitting in the car with the a/c on high, I was able to drive back to her apartment. Dinner is in the crockpot.

My blood sugar was 136 and I just had to go to sleep. Any idea of the cause? Breakfast was an egg and some microwave turkey bacon.

Replies

• farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen when it's close to time to eat. If it happens again I would make a Dr appt. How does your sugar usually run? B/P? Not to be rude, but do you have hot flashes? I've been through all of that that's why I ask. It's scary when that happens. Hope it doesn't happen again and your all better now!!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    If your normal BG is a lot lower or a lot higher then you could have been having a reaction to that. I too wonder if it could be hot flashes. Perhaps just not feeling well and totally unrelated to diabetes? If it happens again I would talk to the dr about it.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I can definitely say it was not hot flashes. I would have myself committed if I had to go through those again. I feel better today.
  • clarafitnesspal
    clarafitnesspal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I might be way off.. but possible a reactions to the mushrooms or sauce.. I have seen some one close to me get all red in the face, and have the syptoms you stated.. he also gets a cough when eating at a chinese place.. it happens to him at the same restaurant but not every time.. funny thing is he orders the same thing every time, sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better. Perhaps it was just a touch of something you were coming down with. I would be aware of what you are eating if it happens again.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    bad mushroom?
  • Jacquis59
    Options
    That kind of thing usually happens to me if I crash.