Introduce Yourself!!

Options
Hey everyone,

I'll start by telling you about me! My name is Crystal. I am married to the man of my dreams (most of the time HA!) and we have three amazing kiddos. I have a 6 year old boy, 4 year old boy and 1 year old girl! They are absolute gifts to me and have made my life so fun!

After my 2nd kiddo was born I lost all of the weight I had gained through pregnancy and my pre-pregnancy "happy marriage" weight. I got down to 136 and felt SO GOOD in my own skin (who wouldn't in a size 4?!?!)! I did it by going to spin classes 2-3 days/week and taking liftting classes 2 days/week. I was also VERY strict with my food during the week and generally let it slip a little on the weekends. But I literally ate the same things everyday.

I work full time 7am - 4pm and am trying to do all my working out in the mornings. I have found (for me) that if I start the day off at the gym, then I'm MUCH more successful throughout the day. My motivation has had a lot of ups and downs over the past 50 days which is why I'm looking for some serious accountability for the next 50.

I can't thank you enough for joining me here. I'd like to be "friends" with everyone here. I update my status at least twice a day and there you can see what I'm eating. So if we haven't connected, please send me a friend request! Let's use this group to stay accountable and encourage each other!!

December 18th is quickly approaching!!!! Have a great day 2!

Replies

• Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm in.

I'd love to lose 15lbs by Mid-December. I'm so close to Onederland I can taste it, but can't quite get there. Hopefully this will help!

plus we have friends coming down on Dec 20th. It'd be awesome to be under 190 by then. 15lbs will put me right there.
  • chrisrudd01257
    chrisrudd01257 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am going to give it a go, want to lose 12lbs before Christmas.
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Sandy. I am happily married going on 29 years now. I have 2 boys away at college. They will both be graduating in the Spring, one with a bachelor's in business and the other with a master's in accounting. I WANT TO BE SKINNY FOR THE PICTURES!!!

I am 15.2 lbs away from my original goal of 150 lbs. I really wanted to hit my goal before Christmas (actually by my birthday which is Dec 4th). This challenge will help keep me in line so I can accomplish my goal. Than I want to enjoy the holidays. :drinker: After the first of the year I will re-evaluate & possibly set a new goal weight. I thought losing 50 pounds, to get me to 150 was a great start for a fantastic birthday/Christmas present to myself!!

I sure wish everybody the best of luck attempting to reach their goal! :happy:
  • Frogger0828
    Options
    Hi, y'all. I'm Sibyl. I just turned 30 in August. I've been around for about a year now; I did really well for the first 4 months, losing close to 20 lbs. Since May, I've been stagnant. Fortunately, I've only fluctuated 1-3 lbs, but I haven't lost anything. I do still have 20 lbs until my goal weight, though. I've been looking for some motivation to get some of the remaining pounds off; maybe this group is it! My family is going to Hawaii for Christmas and New Years, so I really want to be closer to my goal weight by then.

My goals are all about consistency, which has definitely been lacking the past 6 months.

Please feel free to add me as a friend! I look forward to getting to know y'all over the next 50 days!

-SIBYL
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jenn. I will be turning 40 in November and am ready to get this weight off for good. Tomorrow is my 15 year anniversary with my wonderful husband and we have a 13 year old daughter.

I would really like to lose 15 pounds by Christmas as we have a New Years Cruise planned.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I had surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago and gave myself the excuse not to choose healthy foods. I can only walk at this time, but there is no reason I can't choose the right foods!!

I saw this on the threads and thought it would be a great way to get back on plan. I had lost 20 pounds before surgery, but gained 12 of them back. I know it won't take long to get it back off because it is probably mostly water weight, but if I don't do it soon, it won't be for long!!

Come on everyone!! We can do this!

Oh by the way, I am 54yo and 5'3". I am currently 186lbs.... :(
  • mzgafford
    mzgafford Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Cotrese I am 27 just had my son back on July 3 so I am by far ready to drop some weight!! My plan on doing this is by doing the 30DS, counting every calorie that goes into my mouth, get my membership back, and walking! What is nice is my 8 year son and 4 year old daughter are my support and motivation they love to make sure mommy is losing weight lol!!
    My goal for this challenge is to lose 15 pounds and overall to get to my goal weight of 160-170 in 4-6 months!
    Good luck to ya'll we can do it by motivating each other!!
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Julie and I'm 29 years old, work full time in the medical field and have been married for a little over seven years to my soulmate and high school sweetheart. :) We have been trying to have a baby for quite some time now and I know the excess weight is part of the problem so I'm trying to lose the weight, get back in shape and be healthy again! My mini goal for the 50 day challenge is also going to be 18 pounds. :) I've been tracking every single day since January 1st and I had lost 35 pounds but have since gained back about 10 of those pounds. I'm hoping this group and my goal will help motivate me to get serious again. I track every day but I hardly ever stay under my calories so this group will give me motivation to get back on track. Feel free to add me and good luck to everyone! :)
  • toyamac2012
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Toya and I am 46 years old with a broken foot for 3 and 1/2 months now. I have gained over 20 lbs since the injury and I would love to lose that 20 before Christmas. I plan on counting calories and finding some way to exercise 5 days a week. I need motivation and I hope to encourage someone else as well. Let's do this!
  • cznutz
    cznutz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chris. Just started logging on here again. Almost 40 and father of a 3 1/2yo son. Been looking for a challenge so I jioned this one. Feel free to add me. It's nice to encourage others while being encouraged yourself
  • KayGriff1975
    Options
    Hi. i'm Kay. i just joined yesterday and had my first weigh in today. I would love to lose 2 stone by Xmas, but wil lbe happy wiht 18lbs by the 18th of December!! Good luck to everyone.
  • tomcat941
    tomcat941 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey, i'm on day 6 of p90x, and i've gone 9 days binge free (i've been diagnosed with BED, but reading brain over binge has helpeda lot) and now i'm determined to lower my body fat from 35.5% to about 15-18% (or whether i feel healthiest at, i have yet fo discover) Hoping to lose 7% in 50 days, which is about 10 lbs, so that is my goal. I won't be checking measuring my weight loss until p90x says i will, so in about 54 days (and of course the one i have in about 24 days)
  • slretherford
    slretherford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all :)

My name is Savannah, and I am 23 years old. I had gotten into some pretty decent habits and lost some weight earlier in the year, but in May I ended up moving a few hours away from where I had been living when my boyfriend took a new job. So all of my friends (support system) were just out of reach and I was home all day every day, since I couldn't find a job right away. I should've probably used that time to continue what I had started. Ha- I gained back the ten-ish pounds I'd lost, and then 5 more. Two months later, I STILL couldn't find a job, so I decided I'd go back to school. I'm now in chiropractic school, which means I'm in class ALL stinkin' day - most days 8-5, and then I get to come home and rush to make dinner between whatever studying I may have and taking ten minutes for myself.
    Needless to say, it's difficult for me to find time to workout, and very easy to slip into bad eating habits (there's a fountain machine at school w/free refills all day and dr. pepper is my weakness). But I think I've settled down enough and settled into my new life that I'm ready to start this journey again, and one of the big things that I'm lacking is the support - hopefully I can find that here :)

I attribute any success I had this year to MFP. It's AMAZING what a difference actually paying attention to the numbers makes.

Now that I've ranted, I wish you all the best and look forward to getting to know you :)
  • kmraymond
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a mommy of 2 boys, Miles (4) and Brock (10m). I am so ready to get my Pre-Kids body back. I have always been a 'thick' girl. When I was in my early 20's I was hitting the gym 2 times a day and eating super healthy and the smallest I got was 145lbs. I was VERY happy this size! I had curves in all the right places. (I graduated in high school at 200lbs in 2004!) Right now, I have lost all my baby weight, but still need to loose about 28 lbs to be in a happy place. I just stopped BF'ing, so I really hope that doesn't make me back slide a bit. I usually dont have time to myself until after my boys are in bed (8-8:30), so I'm really going to challenge myself to get in the basement and bust my booty for at least 40 minutes a night. It's going to be hard not to veg on the couch with my husband.. but it has to be done! I could really use some motivation and friends for help. :)
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's nice to meet you all. My name is Tammy. I have been endeavoring to lead a healthy lifestyle since right after Thanksgiving last year. I visited the doctor in July of 2011 and discovered that I weighed 162lbs, which was about 10 pounds above normal BMI for my 5'5" frame, and I was not at all happy with myself, but I was having too much fun partying and eating what I wanted last summer to do anything about it. However, as we crept up on my New Year's cruise, I realized that I was going to be miserable because I was too ashamed to wear shorts, let alone a bathing suit. I decided for several reason to become a vegetarian and I started making wise choices--for example, I ate more whole foods than processed ones. I also started reading labels. I lost about 8 pounds in a month and a half just by making those small changes and WITHOUT exercise. I continued eating well on my cruise, and when I got home, I joined MFP and started walking with my husband every day at lunchtime (weather permitting). In March, I added weight training to my regimen, and in April, I started running. I've run a couple of 5ks, but injuries have kept me out of the game for most of the summer.

I am now on my first week of training for a half marathon at Disney World in February. I let things slide a little while I was injured, and allowed more processed foods into my diet, but as of October 28th, I am back on the wagon. So my challenge isn't to lose weight, because I was still pretty careful about maintaining calories in vs. calories out. My challenge is to eat healthy and continue my training as it gets colder and as the holidays approach. Besides the half marathon in February, I have another cruise in January, and this year, I want to ROCK my shorts and bathing suit.
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Alison and I have been a member of MFP for a few years now. This site helped me to loose a significant amount of weight a year ago but unfortunately I have put a large amount of it back on.

I am wrestling with a knee injury which is preventing me from getting the exercise which I desperately need and I used this as an excuse to make bad eating choices... Well NO MORE EXCUSES!! The truth of the matter is that your eating habits are 80% of the battle when it comes to loosing weight and I know I can do this even with the limitations of my knee injury.

I am super excited to be a part of this group!!

Good luck everyone!!!

Cheers,
    Alison
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It has been great reading through the posts and getting to meet all these new faces. I think it will be fun to motivate and encourage each other through this journey. I have been married for 20 years and have 2 wonderful kids (ages 12 & 14). The weight just kept creeping up on me and I just kept fooling myself that I was hiding it well under my “big” tops. I fell out of all my good habits that I had years ago. I was never exercising. I was making all bad food choices and my portion sizes were way out of control. I finally reached a breaking point in August and just could not stand the thought of having to buy more clothes in yet another larger size to accommodate all these extra, unwanted pounds! Did I mention how much I love soda?? Oh, and wine?? I have now gone 2 months without a soda and I am back to drinking a glass or 2 of wine only on the weekends. I have been watching what I eat and have put exercise back in my life. Feel free to add me as a friend as well. The people I have met on MFP have been great and it does help to share stories (and recipes) with people who are going through the same thing. I am giving myself a year to take off this extra weight so any pounds that are gone by December are good enough for me. I wish everyone the best!!
  • alejandragc
    alejandragc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Alejandra, I am 19 almost 20 years old. I want to lose 10 Pounds by December 21 I will do my best to reach my goal. My eating habits have not been really good in the last weeks but i am planning to change that and continue exercising to reach my goal,
    We can all support each other here in this group! Together We Can Do It!!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    HI everyone!! My name is Shonie and I am a busy mom and wife! I work full time and am also in school full time! My son is 17 months old now! Trying to lose the weight I put back on after having him from stress plus the extra 25 pounds I had when I became pregnant!! I've started C25K and am currently in my 2nd week! Planning on running a 5K on December 30th! Countdown begins now :D I've always been "athletic" but family and work has changed that. My husband and I have been on a "clean eating" journey - I would say we try to eat clean about 80-90% of the time but we do splurge. My goal is 15 pounds for this 50 day challenge but I would be happy with 10 pounds :) Anyone feel free to add me for support!!
  • Davids2064
    Davids2064 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Name is David and right now I'm working on getting certified to teach. I work part time as a tutor and hopefully will be starting a full time job somewhere soon. For the last 2 and half months I was doing extremely well with the foods that I ate. I lost a total of about 40lbs in that period but then I hit a wall and was depressed about it. And then the fact that I wasn't working also sunk in so I just went into a eat anything with no accountability phase. The results were that I almost gained back everything that I worked so hard to lose. Today I am back on track though and I believe that this 50 day challenge will keep me motivated. I'm eating right again and I also started C25K today (never realized how out of shape i was lol). I'm hoping by the end of this that I am able to run a 5k and also have lost about 50lbs (its a lot but i'm fully capable of it). Anyone can fill free to add me!!!!