FAVORITE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT?

Options
AliceNov2011
AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
I just ordered a Captain's Chair (for abs) and Inversion Machine (for back) from Hammacher Schlemmer. So excited! Targets my neediest spots! Here it is: http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=11854

What's your favorite contraption?

Replies

• espree70
    espree70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love my Tony Little Gazelle it's like a cross country skiing machine...low impact
  • sandra152
    Options
    my mini exercise bike I can sit and watch the TV while burning calories ever night
  • Judyndisguise
    Judyndisguise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I recently restarted my weight loss journey. To ease back into exercise, I decided to try out a weighted hula hoop. I really enjoy working with it and use it 5-6 times a week for 30 minutes at a time. I have noticed a good amount of difference with simple things like stair climbing and not being out of breath when I reach the top. Recently I picked up a used nordic track treadmill and currently am using that every other day. After seeing the captains chair and the benefits from that piece, I am thinking that might be my newest toy :) I have a full gym membership, but I much prefer to work out at home. Dog walks fill in the empty moments!
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know about the Captain's Chair as soon as it arrives!
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It depends on where I am. If I am at the Y I think I prefer the elliptical and if I am at home I prefer my bike. I have really enjoyed being outdoors this summer and learning to ride the greenway around my city. I like to mix things up so I don't use the same things all the time because I get bored so easy.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the gym, my favorite exercise equipment is definitely the elliptical machine. However, I mostly do classes during the week including Zumba, Camp Fit and Total Body. The latter 2 classes utilize equipment such as free weights, exercise ball, disk, and a step. Great workouts each and every time!
  • cheryn413
    Options
    My favorite is my bicycle...It's a Cannondale...I had custom features added to make it a more comfortable ride for me (shock seat post & gel seat..bonus!) There are some days that I just get so caught up in riding that when I do come home I am amazed that I have ridden 30 plus miles and I'm so energized to ride more...The sluggishness I felt at the beginning of this journey is gone...To God be the Glory!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My DVR, all my DVD's (yoga, weighlifting, HIIT, & bootcamp) :laugh:
    My PowerBlock weights & my kettlebells and of course my own body. Love body weight training, so powerful.
  • ruthmiriam
    ruthmiriam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    By far it is my Xbox with Kinect and the Zumba Fitness Rush game! It's how I got started on this journey, and still one of my favorite workouts--though I did a great Zumba class at the Y today, which is a different kind of fun. Just got the Zumba Core game, I'm planning on trying that tomorrow.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    With a serious spine injury and arthritic knees, exercise of any sort is a challenge. But my husband, who is a competitive cyclist, was determined to find a way to get me on a bike. His bike shop suggested a recumbent 3-wheel trike and let me borrow one for a couple of weeks. To my surprise, I was able to ride it without strain on my back, neck, or knees, and I cried when I felt the wind in my face going down the first hill! When the weather got bad, I bought an indoor recumbent which sits in front of my TV and I watch my chick shows that hubby wouldn't watch with me, so I don't get bored.
    2 yrs ago our city put gravel down on our neighborhood roads and the jarring was too much for my spine, so I haven't been able to ride outside. But after months of arguing with the city council, just received a letter that they are repaving our street and the street behind us, so soon I will be able to at least ride around my block, and hopefully next year they can pave some more streets.

So don't think that you can't exercise. Just find SOMETHING that will get your body moving and your heart rate up. You will feel so much better!
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The only "equipment" I own is a treadmill. I like it, but I enjoy walking around the lake at our local park more. I also like the "Walk at Home" series on YouTube. I'm thinking about joining a gym, but I'm not sure if I would go regularly. Also thinking about buying a bicycle, if I could find someplace to ride it. I have an xbox and love the games on it. Also have a variety of DVD's. Mostly stretching.
    I also have arthritis (rheumatoid); but the more I lose and exercise and stretch, the better I feel. I do have some bad days, but not as many as before.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I go between my treadmill and elliptical. Really started to like the elliptical more lately.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    <<<< my 28 yr old Raleigh bike
    Home gym:
    Elliptical
    Leslie sansone videos
    Total body healthrider
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Definitely Kettlebells - I LOVE them! I'm definitely a Tracy Reifkind groupie. I do at least 30 minutes 3-4 times a week. On the other days I do body-weight routines and once a week my husband and I take a pilates class at a nearby studio.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Definitely Kettlebells - I LOVE them! I'm definitely a Tracy Reifkind groupie. I do at least 30 minutes 3-4 times a week. On the other days I do body-weight routines and once a week my husband and I take a pilates class at a nearby studio.

I'll second the kettlebells, and also my running shoes! That sounds so odd for me as I spent so many years saying "I can't run".
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My legs, I walk and walk and walk some more!!!!!!!
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My Favorite exercise equipment is the nearest swimming pool, pond, river or ocean.
  • Bassgirl51
    Options
    Weights and kettle bells.
  • spiderjasper
    Options
    I have a Nautilus E514 elliptical and LOVE IT!!! Low impact, easy on the knees. It's programmable so I can change the type, intensity and time of my workouts. If it wasn't for this machine I would probably never get in a morning workout.