Does anyone here use a Scale to weigh their food?

Options
Hi was wondering if anyone uses a scale to weigh and measure their food? I do I am blessed to have a salter scale I have had it for 3 years now- (if only I had used it consistantly during that time- oh well no worth in beating myself up)

you can check them out here

http://www.salteronline.com/scales/

I have the nutritional one with the 2 user memory love it. That is why I have weird portion sizes sometimes on my servings because I am trying to manipulate the serving size to match my calorie count for that item. I have to say I have to keep a written log next to my scale and jot down the grams and calories for each item before I save it to the scale cause the scale gives a running total.
I am thinking about getting the nutraweigh and go one also.

So does anyone else use a scale?:drinker:

RaNae

Replies

• JohnMessmer
    Options
    Yes, My wife and I use one although I am at work and have no idea what the name of it is. It weighs in ounces and grams and has been a tremendous help when trying to figure out a single serving size on a lot of different items.

I recommend getting one to anyone that does not already have one.
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am trying to measure as much as possible, ESPECIALLY meats. I am poor at guessing meat weights.

Volume wise I can eyeball pretty good from having baked a lot, but I have been still measuring where practical.

Our little food scale is just a cheap one I got at Aldi a few years ago, but it is a trooper and works fine.
  • penguinjlynn
    penguinjlynn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love my food scale! Especially when products only list serving sizes in grams. My scale has brought me a long way on portion sizes. I'm getting better at estimating size now so I don't always use it. There have been times though where I was under estimating how much I could eat and other times I over estimated.
  • mamaward64
    mamaward64 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a 7 year old WW scale. I have only changed the batteries in it once. Sounds like I should get one that weighs in grams as well as ounces.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting one to anyone that does not already have one.

Hello John I agree I recommend getting a scale of any kind to anyone that does not already have one it helps with portion size and getting in the habit of logging items it has been great.

RaNae
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    Yes, I am trying to measure as much as possible, ESPECIALLY meats. I am poor at guessing meat weights.

Hi Friend I was the same way weigh off on my meats.

Thank God I was never a baker lol would hate to have to give that up or mourn that lol.
    RaNae
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    There have been times though where I was under estimating how much I could eat and other times I over estimated.

Yup same for me
    RaNae
    who's :drinker: her water today lol
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    I have a 7 year old WW scale. I have only changed the batteries in it once. Sounds like I should get one that weighs in grams as well as ounces.
    I used a wight watchers scale for a long time I think I still have mine in the cupboard

RaNae

PS I don't think it matters what kind you have I think what matters is that it gets used.
    I have mine because it tracks sodium and carbs and protein and fiber - all things I count in the parameter of my new life meals.